cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting and Section Access

Using Qlik NPrinting June 2019 Version: 19.19.4.0 and the application are in November 2017 SR5.

The application has section access.  A report can be generated, but it shows all data, ignoring an SA.  No matter which option(s) I choose in the data connection, the same result occurs.  Is it because the service account running NPrinting is an ADMIN, thus ignoring the app SA?  Thanks in advance for any/all constructive advice.

Connection requires authentication
The cache and reports will be generated by connecting with the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service user.
If this user is present in the QlikView document section access table, data will be limited accordingly.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is hard to understand how you test it. The usual approach would be:

• have NPrinting engine service account admin and with full access "section access" 
  • have NPrinting engine service account admin set for "Connection requires authentication"
  • "server authentication" must be chosen
  • A "domain account" must be configured in all user settings in NPrinting. This you can check when you preview each user details in Nprinting admin console. Make sure that the same user names are used when configuring section access in QlikView

then you can try to run a report to a user whose data should be reduced based on section access. For thesting you can create folder destination for such user and check results. 

If you still have issues I suggest taking screenshot of your connection, taking screenshot of few users settings and posting detail explanation on what steps you are taking one-by-one to test if section access works.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vsiboiu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech,

Related to this topic, how does it work when an user is creating a report and he/she wants to take data from an app with section access? Should a standard user be able to do that? 

Also, if the user has limited access to an app, what will an admin user see in the NPrinting report? Same as the one that developed it or more?

Thanks,
Victor

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It depends on the settings used in NPrinting connection.I you use "Apply user section access for reports" then first i would suggest is to use an account in connection definition which has access to all data. Then with"Apply user section access for reports" option turned on users should only see their own data based on section access just like in QlikView or Qlik Sense.  That applies to developers and end users.

If "Apply user section access for reports" is turned off then section access in NPrinting is not applied.

I suggest to study documentation in this regards! https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access....

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.