Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

NPrinting cluster connection to Qlikview not working due to Qlikview Desktop/Server incompatibility

Hello,

I have recently installed Qlik NPrinting June 2019, and I am trying to create a cluster connection to a Qlikview server.
The Qlikview server's version is November 2017 SR4.

The issue happens when trying to verify the condition that Qlikview Desktop installed on NPrinting's machine is compatible with the Qlikview Server in the other machine. Truth is that the first time I installed Qlikview Desktop on the NPrinting machine it was the April 2019 SR1, so it's only normal that it wasn't compatible with the November 2017 SR4. After realizing this, I deinstalled and installed Qlikview Desktop November 2017 SR4 on the NPrinting server, but the error kept happening.

I have done the steps on this Qlik note, to no avail: https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000058169

Looking forward helping me in this issue. Thank you.

Best regards,
André Braga

EDIT:
Image below:

Capture.PNG

EDIT 2:

Qlikview Desktop on NPrinting server:
imagem.png

Qlikview server that I am connecting to:

imagem.png

Both versions are the same it doesn't work.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Connections to QlikView cluster is documented at the page http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Supported versions of QlikView Desktop are listed here http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem... and November 2017 is in the list.

QlikView Desktop installed on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer must be able to connect to the cluster. 

Remember that personal edition is not supported so you must activate the QlikView Desktop license.

You should also post more details about the error like screenshots and logs. Those will help people to understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Thank you for your reply. I have added to the original post an image with the error and my connection configurations. What logs could I provide? I'm still experimenting with this.

Best Regards,
André Braga
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must install on the Qlik NPrinting Engines computer QlikView Desktop of the same version of the QlikView Server it is connecting with. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I do know that, and as a result I have the same versions installed on both ends. Can bee seen on the updated post. Thank you.

Best Regards,
André Braga
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ok. Try to open the QlikView document in the QlikView Cluster from the QlikView Desktop installed on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer. It must work because it is what Qlik NPrinting does. 

Run the QlikView Desktop with the same user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero