Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GemBo
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting conditional formatting excel loses reference when running report

Hello,

I am fairly new to Nprinting and I have a problem when using conditional formatting in Nprinting in an Excel report.

What I did is that I created a conditional format using the following formula:

=AND(H1="FAB";N1="-")

However, when previewing the report, or running a task with the report I get the following:

=AND(#REF!="FAB";#REF!="-")

And when I try to copy the original formula in the generated report it works, so I think there is nothing wrong with my formula. 

I find it also very strange that my other conditional formatting formulas work without problem. 

For example: =IF(WEEKNUMBER($I19;21)=VALUE(O$18);TRUE;UNTRUE)

I hope someone here can help me have a workaround for this problem.

With kind regards,

Gemma

P.S. unfortunately I cannot share usable screenshots of this as my excel is in Dutch. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - this is obviously wrongly designed

you need to move deleterow tag to other column in source data so it is not picked up by project number column in table/does not belong to project number slicer

Typically for that I always reserve columns A and B in excel and I start populating data from column C onwards

See screen below:

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am assuming you are setting this format on the cells which get deleted like:

• Level tag row
  • or deleterow tag row

Sharing the template screenshot would clarify this, otherwise it is just a guess...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
GemBo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Lech,

Thank you for your reply.

I hope it is more clear here. I am going to check if the problem was indeed in the deleterow. 

I have also added a screenshot of the template editor.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - this is obviously wrongly designed

you need to move deleterow tag to other column in source data so it is not picked up by project number column in table/does not belong to project number slicer

Typically for that I always reserve columns A and B in excel and I start populating data from column C onwards

See screen below:

1.png