Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marmartti94
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting connecting to QlikSense

Hello! 

I'd like to understand how NPrinting is connecting to QlikSense when generating reports.

More specificaly, what info does NPrinting present if my QlikSense app hasn't finished reloading (QS reload task is running) 

What is the info that it is reading? The one previous to QS started reloading, or the accurate status of the app while it is reloading.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To be sure to create a complete connection cache you must wait that the Qlik Sense reload is finished. The same to generate reports with complete data. Qlik NPrinting doesn't check automatically that there are not Qlik Sense Server reload task running, you have to trigger Qlik NPrinting tasks by estimating Qlik Sense reload time.

Also this article could be useful to you https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-use-Qlik-NPrinting-APIs-inside-a-Qli...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
marmartti94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

First of all, thank you for your reply.

I still have a situation that keeps bother me. Imagine this scenario:

1. NP task runs, and conditions are evaluated to false. 
  2. QS task runs, variables are updated, and now conditions should be evaluated to true.
  3. Run NP task again, and it's like the value for variables stayed in cache, or something like it, 'cause the conditions are still evaluating to false, even when they shouldn't anymore. 

This happens a lot, on tasks that i have running in the morning.

• Is the value of the variable in cache? How does NP works with a second try for the same report? 
  • When we press "run task" doesn't it reload the connection? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

The task button "Run Task" runs only the publish task without refreshing the connection cache.

I suppose you placed the connection in the wrong place. I mean maybe you are using a task connection that is evaluated as false so nothing in the task is executed. Maybe you need to place it in the report? About how connection works refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.h...

You could also temporary remove the condition, place the value of the variable you are using in the connection into the generated report and run the task. You will see how the variable is evaluated. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
marmartti94
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi again,

"I mean maybe you are using a task connection that is evaluated as false so nothing in the task is executed. " this is not true.

My conditon evaluates (through a count) if the files were processed. 

The thing is: on days that client puts the files later than expected, we have to rerun QS and NP task. When we finish reload the QS app, we check the variable value. Then, run NP task, but the conditions evaluate to false. 

If i take the condition out, and run task, it runs successfully and with the right information (if the condition was actually false the ouput would be blank). And that's why I can't understand whats happening, between NPrinting connecting to QS, and that's why I'm guessing that somehow the value of the variable stays in cache. Because I'm sure the information I'm processing is up to date, but somehow the conditon variable not. But I still have to find out why!

Your second suggestion was great, and I'm preparing to test it tomorrow, in real scenario. It will help, at least, to gather more information on what's hapening.

Thank you very much.