Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bethany_
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting connections stuck on generating

Hello all,

We have just started using NPrinting (we've got version 17.6) and are having difficulty with reloading the caches. We have two files that trigger overnight (2am and 4am), but in the last two weeks they just stay on 'generating', until the next morning when the previous attempt aborts and the new attempt starts. Trying to manually reload metadata doesn't work either on the two files, or on other connections.

I've verified the connection and that seems to work fine - we previously had a licencing issue when that was run, but that has been resolved. I've checked the licence activation and it all seems happy - I'm at a bit of a loss as to where the issue is. Any suggestions on where I can look next?

Thanks!

17 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We cannot deeper investigate via community messages. Please open a support ticket. Attach the whole logs and the versions of the software you are using. If possible attach a copy of the original app or document also with scrambled or reduced data. We need everything that will be useful to reproduce the issue. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
singambd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ruggero,

Issue:- 

I am trying to generate in NPrinting QlikView connection it is running for long time. Version Sep 2018. 

I am facing the connection generation issues in Sep 2018 version also . Can you please guide me  any other options.

Regards,

Singam

singambd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ruggero,

Issue:- 

I am trying to generate in NPrinting QlikView connection it is running for long time. Version Sep 2018. 

I am facing the connection generation issues in Sep 2018 version also . Can you please guide me  any other options.

Regards,

Singam
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the following article which may contain the solution you are looking for.

https://support-cdn.qlik.com/articles/000028729

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I was also facing the same issue, Yesterday I upgraded to N Printing February 2019, still the same error.

February 27, 2019 12:02:36 PM Error Cache generation failed: Exceeded maximum number of retries. Check logs for details.

Here the client is planning for up gradation, the connection was getting generated previously, suddenly from last two days, it's a fluctuation, now completely in error. If this continues, they will drop the plan of Upgradation & will continue with v16.

Please kindly suggest if anything.

Regards,

Renuka S

singambd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ranuka,

According to my analysis this will happen.

1. Due to the environment which is not configured as per the Qlik suggested It means Ram and Cores .

2. Connection get stuck for this we need to restart the service after restarting the service also still the task status in generating status then we need to re boot the server.

Thanks and Regards,

Singam

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Could this help?

Upgrade to November 2018 or newer

If you are upgrading to April 2019 from September 2018 SR2 included or older version you must:

• Open port 4997 outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines
  • Reinstall all your Qlik NPrinting Engines and providing a password for certificate exchange
  • Open the Engine manager in the Web Console
  • Open the detail page for each Engine and send the certificate after inserting the same password you used during the engines reinstallation

Qlik NPrinting Engines stay offline until the certificate exchange is performed. Older Engine versions cannot connect to a Qlik NPrinting April 2019 Server

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Thank You, This helped me.