Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting crashes when adding data labels from cells in Excel template

Hello Everyone,

Everytime I want to change data labels from value to value from cells, Nprinting Designer crashes and the error message reads "RPC server is unavailable"

Stefan29_0-1652689806769.png

Just for the record: I'm working with regular combo charts, not pivot charts.

Does anyone else has this problem and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Stefan

Labels (2)
13 Replies
StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, this issue is independent from <> tags. They play no role in this. If you insert hard coded data and try to change the data labels with "value from cells" you can select a range of values, but then it crashes after pressing "ok".

Take a simple data set like below, make a bar chart out of it, activate data labels and then try to change the data labels from value to value from cells and select i.e. the regions. If this works for you, it's probably my old version of the template editor.

Anmerkung 2022-05-18 085320.jpg

Kind regards

Stefan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In my opinion we need to test if this issue still appear on latest version or if it was solved. I checked the release notes but I think the best way is to test directly. If it is not solved it needs to be investigated by developers. 

I suggest you to open a support ticket with all details we need to reproduce (include a qvf and some templates where the issue appears and a link to this conversation) so we can test on May 2022. If May 2022 solves it will become an upgrade issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I guess I have to resort to that option. I'll see what they can find out.

Thanks and kind regards

Stefan

StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So, just a quick update. I couldn't find a solution for my issue but at least a workaround that works until our NP Update.

StefanE_1-1652969333239.png

What I did was I activating data labels for data label positions. At first values from column M were shown. Then, I edited every data label and referred to the values in column H, the Actual values. 

It's not ideal and manual labor but it works for now. Let's see if the Update helps...