Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonvandelft
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting creating filter from selection string?

Hi experts!

I got the following situation:

In my QV document I create a selection based on variable fields.

This selection is stored in a variable like:

$(vVoorraad):

("7HBB"|"7HBF"|"7HBH"|"7HMB"|"7HBJ"|"7HBL"|"7HAB"|"7HAE"|"7HAF"|"7HBN"|"7HMD"|"7HKB"|"7HME")

These are the selected fields I also want in my NPrinting report in the field "KASSA_IDXORDER"

Is there any way to put these in a filter?

I tried to put it like      evaluate value = vVoorraad

evaluate value = $(vVoorraad)

evaluate value = '$(vVoorraad)'

But nothing seems to work..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi I hope i undersand you right.

You need to select folowing values in KASSA_IDXORDER field:

• 7HBB
  • 7HBF
  • 7HBH
  • 7HMB
  • 7HBJ
  • 7HBL
  • 7HAB
  • 7HAE
  • 7HAF
  • 7HBN
  • 7HMD
  • 7HKB
  • 7HME

I would just go to NPrinitng and like above i would just create a Filter, choose Field KASSA_IDXORDER and in values (one under another) i would list all the values.

NPrinting filter needs to contain single value as a result of calculation. NPrinitng 17 and above does not support variable filters.

I think you will have to re-think your solution and take slightly different approach.

reagrds

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi I hope i undersand you right.

You need to select folowing values in KASSA_IDXORDER field:

• 7HBB
  • 7HBF
  • 7HBH
  • 7HMB
  • 7HBJ
  • 7HBL
  • 7HAB
  • 7HAE
  • 7HAF
  • 7HBN
  • 7HMD
  • 7HKB
  • 7HME

I would just go to NPrinitng and like above i would just create a Filter, choose Field KASSA_IDXORDER and in values (one under another) i would list all the values.

NPrinting filter needs to contain single value as a result of calculation. NPrinitng 17 and above does not support variable filters.

I think you will have to re-think your solution and take slightly different approach.

reagrds

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ramonvandelft
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes that's exaclty what I mean. I was hoping to reach it with the variable as in the future one or more values may be added to the selections. And this was already built in the QV document. But after re-thinking I found another solution.

These are all departments that belong to a main department. I will add an extra column with the main department to my data model so I can just select on the main, which is only one value.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Ramon

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, did it work for you?