Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting database analysis

Hello, everybody,

since the web view of NPrinting is not very meaningful, I wanted to build a dashboard with Qlik Sense, where I could see, for example, which reports are distributed in which tasks or which users get how many reports.

I have already found some posts about this, but not very helpful. -> Post

Has anyone here ever built such a dashboard?

Greetings

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

DB is quite straight forward so building app to your liking should not be hard.

There are some existing apps: for example this one: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Operational-App-for-Overall-Ql...

Depending on what you are looking for and what kind of information you want to get out from repository you may want to tweak it or just use it.

Initially i was involved in building app to support E2E overview of whole NPrinitng environment but I have given up on this idea since I struggled with constantly changing DB and new tables being added to it. This is mainly due to constant and rapid product development in the past. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

DB is quite straight forward so building app to your liking should not be hard.

There are some existing apps: for example this one: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Operational-App-for-Overall-Ql...

Depending on what you are looking for and what kind of information you want to get out from repository you may want to tweak it or just use it.

Initially i was involved in building app to support E2E overview of whole NPrinitng environment but I have given up on this idea since I struggled with constantly changing DB and new tables being added to it. This is mainly due to constant and rapid product development in the past. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
i_shamaev
Creator
Creator

How to connect to postgresql database from another server? I can connect using localhost on NPrinting Server. But I want to connect from the QlikView server.
Please do not advise the API.