Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting distributes empty documents

I apologize if this is in the wrong section; I am using Qlik Sense but this is the only section of the community that I saw for NPrinting discussion.

I am able to schedule reports to be delivered via email, but the data comes up blank. I used the following process:

• I created an app in Qlik Sense. The data is taken from a SQL view and works perfectly.
  • In the QMC, I published the report to a stream.
  • I added my application in NPrinting.
  • I created a connection in NPrinting. Every step showed a green checkmark, the connection status says it was successful, and the cache status is generated.
  • I set up a report for my application in NPrinting. I linked it to my app and selected Excel as the type.
  • Finally, I set up a task for my report. I triggered it to send once a couple minutes after I saved it. I linked it to my report and set myself as the user to receive the report.

My test email sent successfully, and had an Excel file attached. Unfortunately, the file was empty. Am I missing a step?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I guess you have missed a lot of steps.

First of all - ho did you do following step?:

• I set up a report for my application in NPrinting. I linked it to my app and selected Excel as the type.

You should use NPrinting Designer to Edit XLS Template in which you would pick & choose what is included in report (whethere there are tables, charts, Images etc.) By dragging and dropping NPrinting nodes you would build your template.

I think you just created empty template without definig what actually needs to go to this template.

Have a look here:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ExcelReports/Intro-Excel.htm

this is help document which describes what steps you need to take to build a NPrinting excel report template. Go through all following subjects like:

Qlik NPrinting features for creating Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Creating Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Creating one or more levels in Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

they all cover exactly what you need.

below is also ilustrated tutorial from NPrinting 16 which covers partialy wha you need as well.

How to Create Excel Reports

Although this is tutorial for old version of NPrinitng you can simply follow the same steps from the point where it says:"Create New Excel Template: Import QlikView Object as Image".

hth

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I guess you have missed a lot of steps.

First of all - ho did you do following step?:

You should use NPrinting Designer to Edit XLS Template in which you would pick & choose what is included in report (whethere there are tables, charts, Images etc.) By dragging and dropping NPrinting nodes you would build your template.

I think you just created empty template without definig what actually needs to go to this template.

Have a look here:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ExcelReports/Intro-Excel.htm

this is help document which describes what steps you need to take to build a NPrinting excel report template. Go through all following subjects like:

Qlik NPrinting features for creating Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Creating Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Creating one or more levels in Excel reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting

they all cover exactly what you need.

below is also ilustrated tutorial from NPrinting 16 which covers partialy wha you need as well.

How to Create Excel Reports

Although this is tutorial for old version of NPrinitng you can simply follow the same steps from the point where it says:"Create New Excel Template: Import QlikView Object as Image".

hth

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. Yesterday I figured out that we did not have the Designer installed. He has since installed it, but it still does not open when the "Edit template" button is selected. He is working on resolving the issue. But that is a separate issue entirely. Thank you for your very detailed and helpful response.