cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting does not export values into Excel file from Qlik Sense Pivot Table

Hello,

I am having a problem with an Excel report I want to make. This consists of a Pivot Table that should be exported from Qlik Sense Server (version 3.2 SR5) using NPrinting (version 17.5). The template format is .XLSX.
The table is transferred as data (I need every value afterwards).

The Pivot Table consists of 2 rows (Country and City), 3 columns (Client, KPI, Time Period) and the Values (Values being the measure and the rest dimensions). In Qlik Sense, the Values field has the formula:

pick(match(KPI,'KPI1','KPI2','KPI3', 'KPI4', 'KPI5'),

num(IF(sum(No)=0,0,sum(No)),'###,###'),

num(IF(sum(No)=0,0,sum(No)),'###,###'),

num(IF(SUM(No)=0,0,sum(No)/SUM(NoTotal)) ,'####.#%'),

)

There could be a problem if I have 2 different data format types in the same Pivot Table?
This appears  with/without a filter for year 2017, month January. When I use the filter for month January 2017 the returned results are for the year 2017 and when I select only 2017 there isn't nothing relevant returned.

Thank you!

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Victor,

Well, i do not fully understand the problem.

First of all Pivot Table will not be transfered as data from Qlik Sense to NPrinting. You can export data as a straight table and then use excel based functionality to pivot it.

The second part of your question is confusing (regarding selections on Year & Month). My question is - Does it work in Qlik Sense? Do you get right results in Qlik Sense? If yes - then we can only focus on NPrinting bit which may be little bit tricky, but still achievable..

Could you please screenshot what you have in Qlik Sense, then provide a drawing or mockup of what you are trying to achieve in NPrinting and we will take it from there?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, I was referring that I want to transfer the object as a Table not as an Image.

I have the straight table in Qlik Sense (made after the Pivot Table), imported it and I have 2 sheets in the NPrinting report: Source (straight table) and Pivot Table.

Yes, it works in Qlik Sense and the results are correct.    

This would be the Pivot Table in Qlik Sense (I removed the values):

Qlik Sense Pivot Table QC 1.jpg

Qlik Sense Pivot Table QC 2.jpg

This is the Excel expected output:

NPrinting Excel Output.JPG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Victor

is there any particular reason why are you using for this Exercise Pick(Match...) expression for KPI Measures instead of 5 separate Measures?

I am trying to build working example for you and this is the first obstacle i came by.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am not sure how does it work using 5 KPI Measures. I was also thinking about importing a template from an Excel file into NPrinting and populating it, but I don't know how I can do the populating part.

I also encountered this issue when verifying the connection to the Qlik Sense app. Maybe this helps in some way:

1.jpg

Also, I encounter this sometimes:

2.jpg

Thanks a lot,
Victor

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The Windows user who runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service must be a domain user. There are other requirements to connect to Sense, I would to suggest you to check the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-qlikview...

The results of the Run verification must be all green before proceed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.