Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvind
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting dynamic email recipients list from report

Hi,

looking for some assistance or if there is a way to enable dynamic emailing in NPrinting 17.0 version.

Requirement -   I have a report created in NPrinting with one column listing all the users email address which are on the report, when the task runs I am expecting NPrinting to scan the email column and send the complete report to each user (no need to split report for each user, which is usually done using Cycling feature)

Is there a way to achieve this and if yes how , appreciate if you can share sample example or step by step instructions go to achieve this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My approach would be as follows:

Create in Nprinting publish task and assign report to it. Also create NPrinting group which will receive this report and assign it to the task. This is all you need to do on NPrintng side.

Now the fun part which is done in QlikView or Qlik Sense, depending on which one you are using:

Subroutines I created are all based on QlikView\QlikSense scripts so as long as you are fluent with those you will be OK (which is btw the main requirement to work sufficiently with NPrinting). Also you can study them and create your own subroutines based on your requirements if needed. Again - it is just a basic Qlik scripting...

hope this helps!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My approach would be as follows:

Create in Nprinting publish task and assign report to it. Also create NPrinting group which will receive this report and assign it to the task. This is all you need to do on NPrintng side.

Now the fun part which is done in QlikView or Qlik Sense, depending on which one you are using:

Subroutines I created are all based on QlikView\QlikSense scripts so as long as you are fluent with those you will be OK (which is btw the main requirement to work sufficiently with NPrinting). Also you can study them and create your own subroutines based on your requirements if needed. Again - it is just a basic Qlik scripting...

hope this helps!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Arvind
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Lech, this was very helpful It also gave me a different approach to build chaining between Qlik Sense app & NPrinting distribution, and to create dependency.

Though I have difficulty in removing user from group (wipe out all users from group and add new ones) for dynamic emailing, I believe this may be related to user permission for removing users from group.

Thanks,

Arvind

bl1
Contributor II
Contributor II

hi,
i have nprinting and i want to add the option to send email by variables:
Dynamic email list (TO, CC and BCC)
why i don't have the option - "add variables" ?
i have to isntall somesing?
thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is available from April 2020 version. What is your version...

bl1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

we have the Nprinting from 2019,

How can the nprinting version be upgraded?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Upgrade procedure should be done by person who knows how to do this properly! It is easy to damage NPrinting repository and without proper backup you may loose your environment. Upgrade details are on https://help.qlik.com and step by step instructions. Please do not cut corners with reading documentation as there is a lot of details you need to consider before you go ahead and launch upgrade installer...

Download files: If you are the customer login to Qlik portal using your customer credentials.With those you will be able to download version you want to upgrade to:

direct link to download site: https://us-d.demo.qlik.com/download/ Once on this site you will be prompted for your credentials. If once logged in you cannot see NPrinting downloads it means that you are not using right credentials

If you dont have your client credentials you need to contact person who installed NPrinting for you or your Qlik Partner / Qlik Account manager. Alternatively you can always contact Qlik support to get it sorted.