Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting empty word based report not working

Hi all,

I've got an issue with NPrinting. NPrinting is unable to do content production. content resolution works fine. After that it should start produce my .docx reports but it doesn't manage to do so. I've completely emptied my report and tried to run that, and again it fails to produce the content. I don't get any error messages, it just keeps on executing 'content production'. 

Is it possible the word document is somehow corrupted? There is a custom font in the report called VAG Rounded std Thin. Could anyone try to succesfully run this empty report without any Qlik data in it?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

It is very difficult to say why it is not working for you given that you provided us with blank docx document with page number on it and explanation that it does not produce content.

As there are many dependencies in NPrinting development I would normally start from source document check if my source document (qlik application)  is supported and that all objects are supported as well. Next i would try to build report without any conditions nor filters just to make sure that everything come through. I would normally use XLS based template to start with as it is easier to reconcile numbers in it. Then i would move on and start making my report more advanced by adding levels, filters and conditions.

Your description gives us nothing to work with. 

Also If you want us try to test  your template maybe build sample qlikview or qliksense app , use it with your docx template and export it. By export i mean Qlik app as well as Export report from NPrinting . This would allow us to replicate your settings.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz ; we need some more information to help you. For example the template and not the result. You could add the Word template and some screenshots of it in the Qlik NPrinting Designer. 

Check all the filters you applied to the task, report, user and objects and be sure they are not retrieving an empty dataset.

If you are new to Qlik NPrinting, I would like to suggest you to start by following the Getting Started https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
javiersassen
Author

Thanks for the response,

We've managed to get the report working again by upgrading to the latest version of NPrinting. We were using the june 2018 version earlier. The strange thing still is that the exact same report didn't work in the earlier version. Over the weekend we let the execution proceed for hours and finally in the end it did produce a report. It took NPrinting 9 hours!! to produce a report which before took about 10 minutes. See attached screenshot. It wasn't the content resolution that took so long, it was the report generation which took so much time. Unfortunately there is nothing regarding this report generation in the NPrinting log files, even when setting them to debug mode. The reason I asked you to run the empty word template as a report in NPrinting was because I thought the error was in there, since the report didn't run anymore even when empty thus without having to do content resolution.

Bottom line: always use latest version! 

Cheers 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Out of curiosity-what connection did you use?

QlikView (local/qvp) or was it qliksense?

and yes-use the latest version as there are constant performance improvements and bug fixes there

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
javiersassen
Author

QlikView qvp connection. The app consists of 6 connections to QlikView dashboards
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok  thanks,

Quite unusual to have so many connections to single report-but by the book there is nothing wrong with it.

anyway-glad that it’sgot resolved now