Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

jfitchett1
New Contributor III

NPrinting fail to run task

Hey everyone,

We are brand new to NPrinting and are having some trouble getting a test report sent out via email.

We are running NPrinting 17.2 on a dedicated Windows 2012 server virtual machine. Also, we are running the latest version of Qlik Sense.

Within the NPrinting environment, we have setup the app, connection, report, and task correctly (at least I think?). When I select the Task and click "Run now", I get a confirmation with a task ID saying it has been scheduled... but nothing happens. I've checked out the NPrinting logs and it doesn't look good. I can't decipher what these warnings/ errors mean? We created a couple test connections but have since deleted them. We currently only have 1 connection/app/report/task. Some insight would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: NPrinting fail to run task

Hi Jason,

That happens when the report has a design error, overlapping objects, overflow them.

I recommend reviewing the report design.

4 Replies
jfitchett1
New Contributor III

Just to clarify... I am receiving the email - but the report isn't being generated. I get the message

Some errors occurred during report generation
Number of reports not generated: 1
Please contact your administrator for further details

in the email.

sravankumarkatu
New Contributor III

Hi Jason,

I faced this twice . Im not sure why you are getting an error but It may help

Do you have any filters applied?

If yes make sure you apply filters according to priority and rules.

1. when I used nprinting for first time I had issue while Im applying the same filter to task, report and user at once but after looking in to below link I learnt that its wrong. please check this in your case too.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.2/Content/FiltersCycles/StaticDynamicFilters/Static-dynamic...

In another case please let us know if you could successfully edit the template , preview it and save it?

2. faced this second time while I executed the task which has a report for which the preview was not working(throwing an error because of one object). I hit run now for this report it mailed me an error which you were talking but not the attachment.

Thanks

sravan

Not applicable

Hi Jason,

That happens when the report has a design error, overlapping objects, overflow them.

I recommend reviewing the report design.

jfitchett1
New Contributor III

It was indeed a problem with the report design. I had an image in the report - which apparently doesn't work? Couldn't preview it in the designer, which I guess should've tipped me off. I'll be waiting for an update I guess.

Community Browser