cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting filter cancels out all other filters

Hi,

I'm having an issue with NPrinting wherein a filter is causing all possible values to be printed, rather than the values specified. 

The report I'm trying to create cycles by Sales Branch, and on each branch it brings back all transactions that were priced below a certain margin.  One of the tables has a filter that's causing the problem.  The filter basically says "Damaged stock flag is equal to No", and turning this filter on results in displaying every single transaction for every branch in the country, despite the fact that it is set to cycle through each branch individually.

I've tried switching the filter to "Damaged stock is not Yes", but the same issue occurs.  I've also made sure that the filter is not being duplicated in the report or the task.  The filter is only being applied on the table used in the report editor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hm, that is normal QlikView behaviour, it is the same as when you click into grey fields in a listbox, then the selection will be reset.

I think you have 2 options:

1) change the order of your filters and disable verify filters but that is risky....

2) add dummy data so that every selection is possible: Generating Missing Data In QlikView

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

did you activate "verify filter"`?

Normally this happens if none of the values is seletable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Robin,

Just tried enabling 'Verify filter', the same issue occurs I'm afraid. 

If it helps, the filter seems to linger for a long time before proceeding to the next one

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually, I tried verifying all filters associated with that table, and one of them does return no records.

In that case, is there no way that I can tell it to ignore a filter if there are no records?  If I'm producing a report with 600 branches, there are going to be a few branches that do not fit the criteria for this section of the report, can't nprinting just leave it blank?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hm, that is normal QlikView behaviour, it is the same as when you click into grey fields in a listbox, then the selection will be reset.

I think you have 2 options:

1) change the order of your filters and disable verify filters but that is risky....

2) add dummy data so that every selection is possible: Generating Missing Data In QlikView

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Maybe you can create a condition Conditions ‒ Qlik NPrinting to avoid to produce the report when a table as no rows after applying a filter.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.