cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

NPrinting filter usage overview

I'm trying to figure out which NPrinting reports in a NPrinting 18 envrionment are dependent on a certiain filter. It there a way to see all dependencies between filters and reports? 

I have a filter that could be used on an object within a report, on the report level or on the publishing task level. I have multiple reports running using the same App that could be affected by these filters so I need to identify these reports in an efficient way.  

Thankful for tips, trix or suggestions.  

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no existing solution, not out of the box. 

I also dont know about any existing solution which is built to support this kind of overview.

I can see how you could tap into repository db to create some sort of Qlik app which would analyse this, however I can also see it will not be a straight forward solution. 

• The easy ones to extract will be tasks and report filters.
  • Object filters are also available as a JSON array in one of the tables which has all template objects tags in form of multi-level JSON
  • User/Group filters can be added as well however it needs to be done as a hierarchy join (users joind to groups and groups join to task as user + concatenate join users to tasks... and then join filters to users)

Once you start playing with repository you will see how complex and confusing it can get.  

The complexity comes to play when you think about the multi-level filters as some of them can be created in Task, some in Report and some can be User filters, not to mention object filters. 

And in the end you have factors like NPrinting App/Connection which should be also considered when building such app.

so to summerize: It is possible, It will take you some time to get your head around how you need to build your data model but you can do this. Question is: Is it worth an effort?

there are other topics on how to connect to repository db on community: for example: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Repository-Database-Name/td-p/133...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Thank you for the response @Lech_Miszkiewicz .

You scared me. I decided It will not be worth my while creating an qlikview app solving this issue. I will use brute force either clicking through the web console and searching through the export json/xml files fo my specific filter. 

BR
Vegar