Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffinleow
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting filters are not working

Hi all, 

I am currently using NPrinting 17 together with QlikSense November 2018.

When I tried to apply filters on the report, they don't seem to work at all. 

My report is in excel format XLSX with a simple table containing columns such as transaction numbers, dates, amounts, and currencies. For instance, I created a filter based on the 'currency' field and used 'Value Is' = 'JPY'. I selected this filter to be applied on the report.  But this filter did not seem to be applied when I designed the report/excel using NPrinting Designer. 

Could anyone kindly advise on what and where to troubleshoot please?

Thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, NPrinitng 17 is a very old version. I do not think there is point investigating your issue on this version as it is "too buggy". I suggest you upgrade it to version February 2019.
Filters can be applied to tasks, reports, users.
If your filter is applied on task you will see results when you execute task. If it is applied on report - you should see results when you PREVIEW your report when designing it.
More here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...
and here:
https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com
cheers
Lech
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - few screenshots would help to see if you have applied filters properly.
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
griffinleow
Author

Hi Lech,

My apologies, I made a mistake. The NPrinting version that we are using now is November 2018 - 18.39.6.0

We have taken a look at Qlik documentation as well as the links provided by you. 

As much as we like to provide the screenshots for better troubleshooting, we are restrained due to security policies because we are not allowed to send any images out of our customer's environment.

Thank you