Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting generating times

Hi community.

I need to know how much NPrinting takes to insert an object on the report when the Task is working.

We have a Qlik Sense app with charts that takes time to calculate the formula on it. This affects on NPrinting when takes the object with the filters?

I have 38 different Task with a predeterminate filter. My report have 3 objects and some reports (randomly) are generating 2 of 3 objects and the third doesn't show data. This is really weird because the other 2 objects are affected by the filter that I set.

Anyone knows what's happening?

I hope that you can understand my problem.

Thanks in advance

CS.-

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Carlos,

Great it works now.

It happens some times when using filter. I also encounter this issue, for example, the expression filter dose not work at beginning. And when I delete and create a new one, then it works. I am thinking about maybe there is some cache data make the failure.

For the recipient, it is simple, you just use "," or ";" to separate the email address, an excel example like below:

IDNameeMailStoreFilter1
1Store 1user1@email.com, user2@email.comStore 1Store={Store 1}<verify>

Zhihong

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have a question about this,

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.0/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups/Import-U...

Here, section "Import user syntax" says that:

E-mail: enter a unique email address. It will be used to log in.

It says that email are uniques, I cant put more than 1 email by 1 recipient

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Carlos,

I see. Sorry, my implementation is in NP 16. I know some functions changed and even not available in NP17 yet, but these function maybe added in the future release in NP17.

And you are correct that only one email address is allowed for a user in NP17. Then you can use the group to do the some work, but the setting can be different. Check the discussion here.  It also mentioned about a "report distribution groups", hope that helps.

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Zhihong,

Finally, we've decided to not send the emails to the Administrators, we will send the report to a single email by Store, so I've created 38 users with a unique email and the filter Store and put this Users in only 1 Task, so now I don't have 38 tasks. I'm testing this now, I hope this works.

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Carlos,

I think it should work.  The disadvantage of one email address for one user(or say recipient in NP16) is that the same report need to be run multiple times if it needs to be sent to several users. And that is not efficient.

So you need balance the advantages if a report take long time to run and need be send to several users.