Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting not able to connect to Qlik Sense

Hi,

I followed the specifications of how to install NPrinting Server and Engine but I am not able to connect to Qlik Sense, as I get the following error

Captura.JPG

As I mentioned before, I followed the steps of the following videos without final success

Installing Qlik NPrinting Server - YouTube

Installing Qlik NPrinting engines - YouTube

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-ssl-cert...

Setting up environments to enable Qlik NPrinting to Connect to Qlik Sense - YouTube

The thing is that although I installed the certificates, it is giving me an error in that point.

In the log of the engine I receive the following error:

*** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

In the scheduler I get the following error:

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo 18.9.5.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService 20180530T174436.517+02:00 ERROR SES000A106706 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Exception caught Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.ServiceException: Lef File Server Unreachable↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService.ActivateOnlineWithoutControlNumber(String licenseKey, String organization, String userName) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\LicenseService.cs:line 233↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService.UpdateLicense() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\LicenseService.cs:line 253↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService.AutoUpdateIfCloseToExpiration() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\LicenseService.cs:line 336↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager.<>c__DisplayClass7.<WithSession>b__6(ISession s) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\SessionManager.cs:line 58↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager.WithSession(Func`2 body, IsolationLevel isolationLevel, Boolean readOnly) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\SessionManager.cs:line 99↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager.WithSession(Action`1 body, IsolationLevel isolationLevel) in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\SessionManager.cs:line 60↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService.<Start>b__5() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\LicenseService.cs:line 0↵↓ ↵↓=============↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Common.Utils.NPLog.Error(String message, Exception ex, NPLoggingContext loggingContext)↵↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.LicenseService.<Start>b__5() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\LicenseService.cs:line 0↵↓   at Qlik.Threading.PeriodicTask.<Run>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\Qlik\Threading\PeriodicTask.cs:line 14↵↓   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)↵↓   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)↵↓   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.MoveNextRunner.Run()↵↓   at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaitTaskContinuation.RunOrScheduleAction(Action action, Boolean allowInlining, Task& currentTask)↵↓   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.FinishContinuations()↵↓   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.TrySetResult(TResult result)↵↓   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.DelayPromise.Complete()↵↓   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)↵↓   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)↵↓   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()↵↓   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()↵↓   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()↵↓=============↵↓

And in the web engine I get the following error:

proxy: 2018/05/30 17:44:51 h2_bundle.go:4292: http2: server: error reading preface from client XX.XXX.XXX.XX:62925: timeout waiting for client preface

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I finally installed Qlik NPrinting Engine and Server again with success, ensuring that the user I was creating when installing was correct, as it seems that I was not adding correctly the extensions of the users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lan,

I suggest you directly log a case with Qlik Product Support. You can do so here: https://qliksupport.force.com/qs_coveocasewizard

Or you can directly give them a call as well. The Support line is by region, you can find the phone number for each region on this website: https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_Home_Page

I hope this helps!

Serina

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Serina,

I am not able to log a case in the web, it doesn't allow with my user, neither as a guest.

Moreover, the telephone for Spain is a pay per use number, do you have a regular or a free number for Spain?

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I finally installed Qlik NPrinting Engine and Server again with success, ensuring that the user I was creating when installing was correct, as it seems that I was not adding correctly the extensions of the users.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi ,

out of curiosity - what do you mean by "extensions of the users"?

Are you referring to a service account being a domain anccount.  NPrinting local administrator, running as a service with Root Admin role on QlikSense server or you meant something else. Please explain for the benefit of others.

thank you

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech, users where domain accounts and I was not introducing them correctly in all the places.

The thing is that the video of Qlik is not very intuitive as it is using constantly different user names depending on the nprinting server, nprinting engine, computer users and qlik sense users, doing very difficult to understand how to use a same user name for all places. Moreover, when I received the errors it didn't mention user name discrepancies, but other errors that I linked with this users thing.

Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I gues what you mean is you did not follow official help document in regards to this topic:?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.