Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting- objects (sometimes) missing from sheet as HTML image

Hi all

I've created an HTML report that has one of my sheets displayed as an image. This report is then inserted into the body of an email.

The report usually works perfectly. Except sometimes two of the objects at the top of the sheet don't appear in the image. Is seems to happen completely randomly. Any ideas?

I'm using Qlik Sense April 2020 and NPrinting April 2020

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@adamnuh 
I suggest using sizing options like 'fit width' or 'fit inside' or even 'stretch' options with specific dimensions on your image objects for example.

Make sure that you

Embedded Html email reports

• can be tricky around image visibility since different email clients might produce different output results.
  • output results may also rely on the complexity of the html content you might be trying to use in the NP html report template editor. So initially try to keep it simple using the formatting tools within the NP designer. Then later perhaps seek out the assistance of one of your in house web designers to help with more complex layouts. But keep in mind that the Image Dimension management tools available in NPrinting (see link above) might help you to control the output dimensions.

If using 'don't fit', this will allow the image to resize at will and might go right out of the viewable printing area if the source table is large due to the data exported at the point in time of the delivery of the report (or report/task/user/table or image object filters applied to the report). So again..try the different dimension management options available in the NP designer to control the image sizes.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Frank, lots of tips there. In the end I worked out that the missing objects were extensions from the Qlik Visualisation Bundle. I made an alternative object from the standard charts and used that instead.

(As an aside the objects were embedded in the email but were showing as blank)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@adamnuh 
I suggest using sizing options like 'fit width' or 'fit inside' or even 'stretch' options with specific dimensions on your image objects for example.

Make sure that you

Embedded Html email reports

• can be tricky around image visibility since different email clients might produce different output results.
  • output results may also rely on the complexity of the html content you might be trying to use in the NP html report template editor. So initially try to keep it simple using the formatting tools within the NP designer. Then later perhaps seek out the assistance of one of your in house web designers to help with more complex layouts. But keep in mind that the Image Dimension management tools available in NPrinting (see link above) might help you to control the output dimensions.

If using 'don't fit', this will allow the image to resize at will and might go right out of the viewable printing area if the source table is large due to the data exported at the point in time of the delivery of the report (or report/task/user/table or image object filters applied to the report). So again..try the different dimension management options available in the NP designer to control the image sizes.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

New Article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-resolve-or-manage-NPrinting-HTML-report-missing-...

adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Frank, lots of tips there. In the end I worked out that the missing objects were extensions from the Qlik Visualisation Bundle. I made an alternative object from the standard charts and used that instead.

(As an aside the objects were embedded in the email but were showing as blank)

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thanks @adamnuh,

Great to know. I've added your feedback to the article I created for this issue..

Kind regards...