Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qhe
Employee
Employee

NPrinting offline engine / QS connection

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem of Engine offline, after added machine name (QVSRV) to the engine address, the engine status remains offline.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

besides, I also tried / have below set-up, while not working:

1. Restart Scheduler / engine services.

2. Firewall inbound allow port 4243, outbound allow 4242, 4747, 4343

3. Imported certificate from Qlik sense...

I also attached the engine log file, though there are error messages "QlikView license violation detected", but I want to connect NPrinting with Qlik Sense...

Any idea how to bring the engine online?

thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qhe
Employee
Employee
Author

I re-import the certificates, the engine are online.

the attached installation guide is worth to follow.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does your NPrinting license include an allowance for three engines?

qhe
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Peter, yes, 3 engines are allowed.

qhe
Employee
Employee
Author

I re-import the certificates, the engine are online.

the attached installation guide is worth to follow.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

is this an answer to your original post? You have solved it by re-improting certificates?

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qhe
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Lech, I worked on another VM, it works fine with import certificates once.  but i think if you have check all other set-up (adding trusted site/ open ports in firewalls / re-start engine services) and nothing wrong with these, it's worthwhile trying to re-import the certificates.

Personally, i recommend to follow the previous attached installation guide.

Did you had similar problem?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have never had issues with setting it up. I had only issues on old versions, but that was a different cause i guess.

Good to know that certificates may need to be installed last.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.