cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting on Demand on Qlikview iPad app

My apologies if this was asked before. I was not able to find any related topic in the forums.

I am using NPrinting v17 with Qlikview 12 (April 2019). We installed the NPrinting on Demand extension and we can generate onDemand reports just fine from the access point from a browser, both on desktop and iPad.

However, if we try to use the Qlikview iPad app, as soon as we log in, we are redirected to https://myaccesspoint.com/QvAjaxZfc/htc/addons/nPrintingOnDemand/on-demand.html  on Safari(I changed the access point address in this example but it is correct otherwise).

I understand that it has something to do with OnDemand but I haven't been able to understand what exactly.

Has anyone here had the same problem?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Jjotavve

First I need to point out that your NPrinting deployment is dramatically behind and no longer officially supported. We are now at May 2021 SR 2.

Second QlikView is also out of support since April as you indicate usage of April 2019. Please keep this in mind in case you need direct Qlik support in the future.

In any case, IPAD nor Safari browser not officially supported platform/browser. The QlikView IPad app is not mentioned there either.

I've also checked with R&D who stated that there is no official support for On Demand reporting in the QlikView IPAD app.

If you wish to pursue this 'idea' to have support for NP reports in the QV IPAD app I would encourage you to place an 'idea' in our 'Ideas' community page at the link below.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Jjotavve

First I need to point out that your NPrinting deployment is dramatically behind and no longer officially supported. We are now at May 2021 SR 2.

Second QlikView is also out of support since April as you indicate usage of April 2019. Please keep this in mind in case you need direct Qlik support in the future.

In any case, IPAD nor Safari browser not officially supported platform/browser. The QlikView IPad app is not mentioned there either.

I've also checked with R&D who stated that there is no official support for On Demand reporting in the QlikView IPAD app.

If you wish to pursue this 'idea' to have support for NP reports in the QV IPAD app I would encourage you to place an 'idea' in our 'Ideas' community page at the link below.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I am aware that our Qlikview and NPrinting version are outdated and we are in the process of:

- Migrating to Qliksense on a recent version

- Upgrading our NPrinting version

Just to be clear, I do not want to generate on demand reports from the Qlikview iPad app (and I guess it wouldn't rank high on the list of priorities, which I perfectly understand) but avoid users being redirected to the URL I mentioned on Safari as soon as they log on to the access point via the Qlikview iPad app.

It is a problem we did not have with NPrinting v16, so I figured I missed something somewhere.

Thanks, I'll just ask users to use Safari until reports are ready on Qliksense.

Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I also just realized that I didn't mention (or incorrectly) our Nprinting version. It's actually September 2020 so not that old yet, I think?

mk_kmx
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I'm having a same problem with one of our deployments. Have you somehow managed to fix the issue?

Versions used in our case are older, but still supported:

• QlikView April 2020 SR2
  • NPrinting September 2020
  • QlikView Mobile app 2.5.1 (iPadOS)

Usage in this case is essentially the same as described by jjotave - no use of on-demand reporting on iPads, however, we might want to make the iPads work while the extension is installed (and can be used in desktop browser). At the moment, only presence of On-demand extension renders QV Mobile App unusable (at least it looks like that).

@Frank_S any ideas here?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @mk_kmx

Please have a look here as it sounds that this apply to your situation...

Qlik NPrinting Management Console and NewsStand
Note: A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 is required on desktops and laptops. Mobile and small screen support is not currently available.

Please feel free to post your idea for enhancements to our current offerings here if you wish.

Kind regards...

mk_kmx

Hi @Frank_S,

thanks for reply. Unfortunately, no, that link does not apply, because the issue is not related to NPT Management Console nor NewsStand.

Our (and the original poster's) issue is most probably caused by NPrinting On-demand add-on for QlikView. In addition, everything works quite OK in (unsupported) mobile browser, but it causes issues in (officially supported) QlikView Mobile client.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@mk_kmx

In that case I would recommend clearing the cache on your mobile device, ensure your device has sufficient disk space and perform any other maintenance you can on your device and see if any of that helps. Also suggest that your device is fully patched with all the last security updates etc from the device provider.

We are not currently away of any issues related to our On Demand buttons causing the behavior you are suggesting. There is a possibility that your devices performance and behavior might be improved by performing the suggested above.

Kind regards...

mk_kmx

Hi @Frank_S,

I'd love to hear from you some suggestions on the procedure, how to clear the cache for QlikVIew Mobile app (well, I could try to clean the app data via device Settings menu, but that didn't help anyway). I can also assure you, that there is enough free storage space on the device and it is patched to the latest iOS (iPadOS) version.

BTW, after removing the add-on, the QlikView Mobile app works (not perfectly, but the reported issue is gone). I also double checked the add-on version and it matches our NPrinting version (that is September 2020). So, shall I report this via support channel?

Frank_S
Support
Support

"Hi again,

My comment was related to the device itself not the mobile app.

To clear the device cache on an Iphone for example, you may follow:

If after doing this and you still experience the issue, then yes, definitely submit a Qlik Support request or if you are confident clearing cache won't make a difference submit a ticket...but it is worth giving the 'clear cache' a shot first.

" well, I could try to clean the app data via device Settings menu, but that didn't help anyway"

If you did in fact clear the cache, then yes, submit a support request and we'll start an investigation.

Kind regards...