Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator

NPrinting on-demand button (in Qlik Sense) only work if user log into NPrinting in other tab

Hi, All,

We implemented on-demand button in some Qlik Sense apps. They worked well. However, on-demand button only work if we logged into NPrinting server in another tab. Otherwise, it gave error 'Server access blocked by server'. This happened to our Qlikview users before, and we solved it by installing SSL certificates on both NPrinting server and Qlikview server. And we already have SSL certificate installed on our Qlik Sense server. But why did this happen again? 

Thanks

Bo

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Your post is very confusing as once you are talking about Qlik Sense OnDemand button and suddenly you jump to QlikView and certificates. Qlik Sense and QlikView have completly different requirements in terms of OnDemand setup...

So as usual - first and foremost:

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, Lech,

Thanks for your reply and sorry about confusing. I thought the issue might be related to SSL certificates. That's why I mentioned Qlikview in my post. It looks like that's not the situation. So please ignore the Qlikview part.

To answer your questions, I don't know how to find out extension version. We installed on-demand extension as part of bundle which is included in June 2019 release. And yes, we upgraded both NPrinting server and Qlik Sense server to June 2019 version last month.

I will read the linked posting and let you know.

Thanks

Bo

Jeffrey_Li
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, Lech,

That post mentioned the same situation that, NPrinting users need to log into NPrinting server in order to use on-demand button in Qlik Sense app. But this is exactly what we are trying to solve. We want users be able to use on-demand button without having to log into NPrinting first. Is it possible?

Thanks

Bo

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When I pointed you to that post I wanted you to understand that there are already people looking at this issue. If you read whole conversation there you see that there is Qlik support case and there is a bug reported. So what you can do is to follow up on the post previously linked and continue conversation there.

Given that this issue potentialy is a bug I do not have a resolution for it yet, and we have to wait until Qlik fixes it.

The other thing you can do is open support ticket directly with Qlik and let them deal with it. 

On community though there is no point opening new thread for the same thing as it only creates confusion. The usual approach would be:

1. I have a problem with for example NPrinting
  2. I go to community and i search if there is anyone else having the same problem
    1. If YES - I follow up under the same thread
    2. If NO - I create a new question/conversation providing all possible information (especially versions of software as each version is different and solves a lot of bugs)

thats it...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
I would say, first of all, verify that all the prerequisites are in place. There might be something missing there, causing this behaviour.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000060552

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.