Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evgeniya
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting pivot table hides objects after it

Hello. I use NPrinting June and have problem with pivot table(((

After pivot table I have some objects and when I  preview my document pivot table hides this object after it(((

How can I solve this problem? Please help!

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry but the issue is not clear to me.

Please check the following tutorials:

- http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelPivotTableRepo...

- Creating pivot table using Excel table columns ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Could you add more details or share some screenshots? Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Evgeniya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, Ruggero.

I have this template:

When I make preview this template I get only one table because the cross table is very big and I can't see table below cross table.

Because first table closes the table below. Is it possible to shift second table in proportion to first table?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks for the details, now I can reproduce.

The possible solutions are:

- move the two pivot into two different worksheets

- add en ought rows under the first pivot, but you must know how many rows will have the first one

The issue is that Excel itself doesn't manage the overlapping between pivot tables (if you try you'll get an error) and Qlik NPrinting cannot add rows between them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ryanocni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,
I think I faced same problem with you

ryanocni_0-1640137668050.png

CH01 was overlaped by CH02
It's the same issue with me?
Thank you

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ryanocni 

no - it is not the same. Problem described in this topic relates to native excel pivot tables. 

What you are showing is a situation where you just position your tags in such way that they are next to each other. Output is simply data from underlying tags and it does exactly what it should do in your case. 

On top of this you are using straight tables and in your case you could pull out individual columns to have a lot more control over that report.

Anyway - it is different thing and to give you advice what you may need to do we would need to know what output are you expecting to get. 

also make sure you exercise tutorials from https://help.qlik.com 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Intro-Excel.htm

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @ryanocni ,

Please avoid to comment so old topic because things changes in 4 years. Please create a new topic instead.

As per @Lech_Miszkiewicz answer your problem is different and can be classified as "Work as Designed". Qlik NPrinting automatically adds the needed rows under an object if you keep the "Expand row" option selected as per default setting. Instead Qlik NPrinting never adds columns. So, when you place two table tags side-by-side,  you have to manually add the needed columns between them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ryanocni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you @Ruggero_Piccoli @Lech_Miszkiewicz for the explaination