cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting pixelperfect y axis adjust to values

Hi, I have a line chart in NPrinting in pixel perfect and I would like the start point of the Y axis to be adjustable to the data and not to start always in the 0 position.

Is there any option in NPrinting to adjust the start of the Y axis based on the existing data and not to start at 0?

asfddsa.PNG

Thank you.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I may have a workaround which works, but I dont like it.

• You would need to leave all options in your PixelPerfect axis settings on auto and disable "Always show zero level"
  • In your Qlik source document you would create a series for min and max 
  • You would add those to your chart as series and make it "invisible" for example by using colour which would blend with background for those series
  • You can control in your qlik expressions how much lower min need to be vs min value from the series you want to show and how much higher max value need to be from your highest series value.

I agree it is a lot of work for something what seems to be trivial and easy, but hey - better this than nothing 🙂

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Y axes custom min and max values.png

1. Open the Axes in the PixelPerfect chart wizart
  2. Select the Primary Axes Y
  3. Open the Whole Range tab
  4. Remove the Auto check
  5. Set the Min and Max values

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So there is no anyway to autoadjust the y axis starting from the lowest value?

Your suggestion is to set manually the lowest value, when the data is dynamic and needs automatic processes and not manual ones 

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As I have many cycle values this means that I can't cycle and I have to create a report per each value, adjusting manually everytime the lowest and highest number.

This doesn't make any sense.

Do we know when the feature of adjusting the y axis depending on the values will be available in NPrinting?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I have to investigate if it is possible to specify dynamic Y axis limits.

This is the first time this feature is requested.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Ruggero 🙂

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some search and I was not able to find a solution to set dynamic values of the Y axis min and max.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
GemBo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

Has a solution been found yet? 
I have a similar problem where I want the maximum of the y-axis to be at least 1000 and higher if the value of my measure is larger than 1000.

Kind regards,

Gemma

Frank_S
Support
Support

I suspect no give that @Ruggero_Piccoli has not responded as of yet.

Since no new features have been added to the designer itself in the last two years, the status likely unchanged.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I may have a workaround which works, but I dont like it.

• You would need to leave all options in your PixelPerfect axis settings on auto and disable "Always show zero level"
  • In your Qlik source document you would create a series for min and max 
  • You would add those to your chart as series and make it "invisible" for example by using colour which would blend with background for those series
  • You can control in your qlik expressions how much lower min need to be vs min value from the series you want to show and how much higher max value need to be from your highest series value.

I agree it is a lot of work for something what seems to be trivial and easy, but hey - better this than nothing 🙂

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.