Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

brf10043
Contributor

NPrinting question reports for over 1000 Users

All,

I am very  very new to NPrinting so I apologies if I'm asking a silly question.

I have a requirement to send monthly reports to all the Service Owners in my company (1000+)  Each one is responsible for a specific set of items.  Each Service Owner needs to receive a report filtered for their specific items.

Watching the videos it looks like NPrinting requires each report recipient to be set up as a user.  Is there a way for NPrinting look at my Qlikview app and identify the Service Owners and create a report for each that contains only their information.  I have a column called Service Owner and a column with their email address.

Is there a way to set up NPrinting to identify the service owners, their email address and send them their individual reports with out manually entering 1000+ users?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: NPrinting question reports for over 1000 Users

Bobby - the ability to import users from non-Excel sources is a gap feature that will be addressed in a future release.

For now, importing from a QV table is only supported in version 16. That being said, you can export the data from QlikView and get it into the required Excel import template.

4 Replies
harishkumarg
Contributor III

Hi

Please find the attached document.

This will help you with 1000+ recipients.

Please let me know if it is not clear.

Regards

Harish

brf10043
Contributor

The attached document is very helpful except I am using the web tool and can't seem to locate the option to import recipients "from QlikView Entry.  Any idea where to find that option in the web tool?  I believe we are using the latest version as well.

Employee
Employee

Bobby - the ability to import users from non-Excel sources is a gap feature that will be addressed in a future release.

For now, importing from a QV table is only supported in version 16. That being said, you can export the data from QlikView and get it into the required Excel import template.

brf10043
Contributor

Ok,  Thanks!

Community Browser