cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting refresh 17.3.1

Dear all

My NPrinting use local connect to qv,but these data don's refresh

Could you tell me how automatic refresh to data and send new e-mail for user?

thanks!!!

14 Replies
amweiner
Partner - Contributor III

I guess I need to restate my question... in 17.3 and earlier, you had build reports based upon server connections as opposed to local connections for reports to update when data in the qvw has changed (after reload). Will 17.4 support update of reports based upon local connections when data in the qvw changes? I didn't see anything about that in the 17.4 release notes.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ann,

logic of local connection has not change. As long as you have a session open that long the new data will not come in. That is a standard behavior of QlikView. Generete metadata trigger is meant to be use as a supporting feature so - say at night - metadata get refreshed and all new objects are available when developers will start work.

You can use a trigger for metadata to re-instate a QV.exe process in order to re-open Qv document using local connection.I do not see any value in it however as those 2 process will be detached. There is no build in solution to link them all up in a chain reaction process like: Reload qvw --> Reload -metadata --> Publish NPrinting report 

There may be available API - but i am not familiar with them.

..... and again i strongly recommend using qvp connection for performance and stability reasons!

What is the reason that you need to use local connection to document Ann?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

1 - Open the connection you want to trigger

2 - Click on Triggers and se the trigges you need

Connection Triggers 010.png

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
amweiner

Lech,

We use local connections because the server connections, in earlier versions of Nprinting, were slow to generate (sometimes taking hours) and producing errors we could not resolve. I am in a unusual environment where I don't have access to log files nor do I get  timely support from the administrators to help with troubleshooting. The lack of transparency made troubleshooting impossible. So, to make progress on report design, I have been using local connections. I am hoping with 17.4, I will be able to see errors more easily and will take advantage of the new trigger feature. I will encourage our administrators to upgrade as soon as possible.

I think that it odd to have a feature such as generating local connections that is only useful for report design, but not clearly documented that is its only purpose. Maybe on the Connections page, there should be a message explaining that. I did not see that documented in the on line documentation. Perhaps I missed it.

amweiner

Thank you. I will urge our administrators to upgrade and I will try it.