Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting report performance

Hi there,

I am working with NPrinting June 2018 connecting with QlikView and I need your advice performance wised for a report reproduction.

I have a report which created in an excel template the report content are about 50 tables (straights and pivots) with complex calculations. The report has to be created per Product Category (25 different categories), every single excel tab will be referred to a product category. I use Product Category as level and the report needs about 1,5 hour to be produced. As a second step, I need to create this excel file per Store. I have 20 different stores when I use Cycle in the report the report needs more than 30 hours to get ready which is not acceptable once it's a daily report!

The question is which is the best way to create a report like that?

Do I have to split qvw per store and create 20 different QV apps, 20 different NPrinting connections, reports and tasks? Will this help performance? Is there any other idea that will help me to produce the report daily?

Keep in mind that in NPrinting we are using a single user which just used to store the results/reports in a folder destination.

Thanks in advance,

Eleni

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The performance topic is covered by the following help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performan....

We also spoke about performances a not of times in this community so, before to go ahead, please read the help site page and old community conversations. I'm sure that you will find a lot of suggestions about how to reduce generation time. Then we are available to deeper discuss this issue but before start from well know best practices.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gerhard_jakubec
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, i am also testing nPrinting without any luck.

my setup:

- pixel perfect report containing one table (5 nested levels, one expression column and sub total) structure like below

= A =============

- A.a -----------

A.a.ISO

A.a.ISO.1

A.a.ISO.1.x  10

A.a.ISO.1.y  20

-----------------

SUM of A.a  30

- A.b -----------

A.b.ISO

A.b.ISO.1

A.b.ISO.1.x  40

A.b.ISO.1.y  50

-----------------

SUM          90

= B =============

etc.

- 1 cluster connected source QVW (reduced from 4 GB to 22 MB for testing)

- on demand report generation

my results:

1) design time preview not possible (> 10 min)

2) report generation via on demand after 14+ hours states "in queue" so (finally aborted)

3) not a resource issue

nPrinting Node ~10% CPU ~47 of 98 RAM

nP Process.PNG

QVS Node ~19% CPU ~34 of 98 RAM

QVS Process.PNG

cheers

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please open a new conversation for a new problem.

Include all details that are useful for us to help you:

- software version

- screenshots of the template

- logs

- any other detail you believe are useful to better understand the issue

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.