Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

NPrinting repository restore from backup

Hi,

I am trying to do a restore of a backup i made in NPrinting 17.1.2.

I am following the steps posted here: Backup and restore of a repository ‒ Qlik NPrinting

The backup goes fine, it generates a .zip file with the repository backup but I cannot get it to restore the backup.

I get the following error message: "Some arguments could not be parsed".

I type the following command from an elevated command prompt: Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password MYSECRETPASSWORD

Anyone tried to do a restore and got it to work?

BR

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support
Support

Yes,

Your syntax is invalid.

Use:

Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\NPrintingBackups\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password secretPassword

Make sure you stop  the three services outlined in the tutorial before you attempt to restore as well.

superuser password used to install NPrinting = secretPassword

We are just 'like' you & like to be liked when we provide a helpful answer and or when you press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Support
Support

Yes,

Your syntax is invalid.

Use:

Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\NPrintingBackups\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password secretPassword

Make sure you stop  the three services outlined in the tutorial before you attempt to restore as well.

superuser password used to install NPrinting = secretPassword

We are just 'like' you & like to be liked when we provide a helpful answer and or when you press the 'Solution Accepted' button if an answer provided resolves your question or issue... Cheers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi Frank,

This worked, thanks a lot.

BR

Daniel