Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnord
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting repository restore from backup

Hi,

I am trying to do a restore of a backup i made in NPrinting 17.1.2.

I am following the steps posted here: Backup and restore of a repository ‒ Qlik NPrinting

The backup goes fine, it generates a .zip file with the repository backup but I cannot get it to restore the backup.

I get the following error message: "Some arguments could not be parsed".

I type the following command from an elevated command prompt: Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password MYSECRETPASSWORD

Anyone tried to do a restore and got it to work?

BR

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes,

Your syntax is invalid.

Use:

Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\NPrintingBackups\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password secretPassword

Make sure you stop  the three services outlined in the tutorial before you attempt to restore as well.

superuser password used to install NPrinting = secretPassword

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes,

Your syntax is invalid.

Use:

Qlik.Nprinting.Manager.exe restore -f C:\NPrintingBackups\NP_Backup.zip -p "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin" --pg-password secretPassword

Make sure you stop  the three services outlined in the tutorial before you attempt to restore as well.

superuser password used to install NPrinting = secretPassword

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
danielnord
Author

Hi Frank,

This worked, thanks a lot.

BR

Daniel