Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting scheduling

Hi,

I would like to schedule a cycle of reports to run when a predefined condition is met.

The only way i can see this can be done is by adding a condition to the report.

This is not ideal since the report is in a cycle and should produce over 300 reports if the condition is met.

My condition is working day X of a month. If i schedule this task to run daily, it is quite a needless overhead to loop through these 300+ cycles for the 30 or so days that the reports should not run on.

Ideally, if there was a trigger that nPrinting could use to detect the existence of a file for example, that would be perfect.

However i don't see any option like this. I am using version 15.4. Perhaps there are more features like this in a more recent version of the product?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

what if you create an external Nprinting request ? Would that solve the problem?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

what if you create an external Nprinting request ? Would that solve the problem?

Not applicable
Author

I just looked that up and it looks like a great suggestion.Looks like i need to do some config first but i think that will work fine. Thanks ioannis!

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I usually have a folder of ready made request files that I copy to the appropriate external requests folder when my conditions are met.

Enjoy!

Not applicable
Author

Double thank you, i'll be doing that so!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Good workaround suggestion!

As you discovered, conditions can only be placed on reports.

The next generation of NPrinting coming coming later in 2015/early 2016 will have additional conditional features.

Add conditions to a task – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

This discussion is now closed as a suitable workaround has been provided by a community member.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!