Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmiro767
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting sends an empty excel report to email

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new here, so I hope I post my question in the right place.

I created an excel report in NP which I want to send to recipient's email. The report is triggered to be sent twice a day - every day. The first time is on 7:40PM and the second is on 9:40PM. The odd thing is that the recipient gets a proper report on 9:40PM, and an empty report on 7:40PM. Sometimes, the report that triggered to be sent on 7:40PM is sent propely.

I've already checked almost everything in QS that may cause this problem and I found nothing suspicious.

Do you guys have any idea why is that happens?

Thank you!

Gilad

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. Is is possible that you are triggering this report when reload of the Qlik Sense app is still running?

2. to troubleshoot this we would probably need to see:

• NPrinting template
  • Are there any filters applied?
  • Is there section access?
  • the engine log files from those runs
  • when you say " empty report" do you mean that the file attachment is produced with no data or the email goes out without attachment at all? There is big difference if one or another scenario happens.
  • is your qlik sense app supported: no always one selected, no triggers etc...

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gmiro767
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for replying.

I just want to clarify that "Empty report" means that the file attachment is produced with no data, but the file is attached to the email. I've been checking everything you mentiond on 2 and there's shouldn't be any problem with these options .

I will check again if the reload of the QS app is still running while the report is triggered.

However , as I mentiond on my first comment, the report that is triggerd to be sent on 7:40PM  sometimes received with data and sometimes not. what actually may cause to this?

Any ideas ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

just throwing more ideas:

• Do you have maybe multiple user imports tasks which can potentially update user filters and produce empty set?

I don't know what else i can help you with. Like mentioned in my pt 2 previously we would need to see those, be able to turn on DEBUG mode on logs etc... this is more "hands on the job" troubleshooting and not really something obvious.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gmiro767
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey,

The problem was that two different tasks in QS were using the same qvd file at the same time, so my task couldn't take any data from that qvd.

I changed the trigger schedule of my task to be sooner than the other's one, and it's have been working so far.

Thank you