Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

NPrinting service account using QV Session CAL instead of assigned Named CAL?

Hello everyone,

one of our clients is using NPrinting February 2019 SR1 (19.0.4.0) with QlikView April 2019 SR1 (12.40.20100.0). Although the service account running NPrinting does have a User CAL assigned, looking at the Governance Dashboard it seems that is uses Session CAL instead. Is this possible? How to fix this?

Thanks.

Juraj

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

One of my colleagues also shared this article below with me.

Please have a look but it reinforces that the results you are seeing are likely not valid.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@juraj_misina 

Check out Figures 1.2 in this article which show how to do it in the QMC.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Dedicated-NPrinting-Server-amp-Engine-Service-A...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Frank. According to QMC the service account has a User CAL assigned already. But still uses Session CAL (according to Governance Dashboard).

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @juraj_misina 

I would mention it to the developer of the NP Gov Dashboard. There might be a problem that he may be able to address and resolve.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Frank,

I meant QlikView Governance Dasboard, not NP. Sorry for not making this clear. See below, filtered to the account in question:

juraj_misina_1-1610641275507.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @juraj_misina 

I've done some digging and was able to learn that you may see exactly what you are seeing reported. I am currently trying to learn more about this same previously reported issue.

Will post here when I can get a response from R&D.

In the meantime, you can trust your manually assigned named CAL is in use by the NP service account. The tool is reporting the wrong CAL type.

Or if you wish, given that the QV gov. dashboard is officially supported, you may go ahead and report this to the Qlik Support Desk for investigation.

Previous internal investigation ID you may quote is QV-17209

Frank_S
Support
Support

One of my colleagues also shared this article below with me.

Please have a look but it reinforces that the results you are seeing are likely not valid.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Frank. Thank you for posting this. I did not find it earlier when I search the support portal and community website. This means everything should be working OK and we can safely ignore this.