cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting setup

Hello,

We are long term users of Qlik products. We used Qliksense, NPrinting and Qlikview. Currently, NPrinting is hosted on the backend(pulisher) machine of qlikview. This was causing problems for us to manage, upgrade and segregate resources so we decided to get a small virtual machine and host it there.

We started of by installing the same version of the current setup on the new virtual machine. 17.2. Installed, tested and all went good. We upgraded to the latest version (November) and our only connection did not want to cache. Our connection is pointing to a 300 MB QVW on our access point (Connection is server type). This remains generating for ever. Log files return this: Navigator stuck or died on connection and stuck and can't be used anymore to resolve requests. We have Qlikview server version 11.20.13405.0 and on the nprinting machine i installed Qlikview desktop 11.20 SR15.

I went a step further and copied the QVW locally on the nprinting machine and created a local connection, it generated fine.

As per ports, i opened ports 4747 and 4774 from the nprinting machine to the qlikview  front ends

Any clues?

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There may be many things.

• QlikVIew account and NPrinitng account must be separate domain accounts
  • Qlik Nprinitng account needs to belong to QlikView Administrator group on QlikVIew server
  • btw - what is a outcome of your "Validate" process when you use it when going into connection details..
  • did you adjust connection string accordingly to new setup?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The Problem was the QVW had too many objects in it. i reduced some sheets and it cached in 10 minutes.

I'm now experiencing another problem. adding users to the report destination doesn't seem to take effect. it still sends it to the users it previously had assigned. i'm going to try to restart the services to see if it works

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Where are you adding those users? in NPrinitng Admin Console?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i'm setting the users in the task's Users/Groups and Destination tabs.

i noticed something as well. the report is just being set to users which have the administrator role assigned. No idea why though.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well.. this is all strange indeed.

I guess you have to overview everything starting from:

• connection setup - does it use section access?
    • if it does - do you have Domain\Account information loaded when creating users
  • Filters - do recipients have filters, Is it possible that some filters are interferring with reports not beeing generted
  • Roles - did you change default roles - or maybe somebody else has change roles
  • Does every user have a User or NewsStand user role?
    • They need to have role assigned in order to receive report at all

It is difficult to say what can be wrong, and i am not sure how much experience and knowledge you have with NPrinitng 17...

cheers

Lech