We are long term users of Qlik products. We used Qliksense, NPrinting and Qlikview. Currently, NPrinting is hosted on the backend(pulisher) machine of qlikview. This was causing problems for us to manage, upgrade and segregate resources so we decided to get a small virtual machine and host it there.
We started of by installing the same version of the current setup on the new virtual machine. 17.2. Installed, tested and all went good. We upgraded to the latest version (November) and our only connection did not want to cache. Our connection is pointing to a 300 MB QVW on our access point (Connection is server type). This remains generating for ever. Log files return this: Navigator stuck or died on connection and stuck and can't be used anymore to resolve requests. We have Qlikview server version 11.20.13405.0 and on the nprinting machine i installed Qlikview desktop 11.20 SR15.
I went a step further and copied the QVW locally on the nprinting machine and created a local connection, it generated fine.
As per ports, i opened ports 4747 and 4774 from the nprinting machine to the qlikview front ends
The Problem was the QVW had too many objects in it. i reduced some sheets and it cached in 10 minutes.
I'm now experiencing another problem. adding users to the report destination doesn't seem to take effect. it still sends it to the users it previously had assigned. i'm going to try to restart the services to see if it works