Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting stuck on Generating before failing.

Morning

I’ve been asked to raise a call regarding NPrinting Cache Status stuck on ‘Generating’.
Although they previously had it working (albeit intermittently) on a test server, when we have added two new connections to the QV12 Live server, they seem to be stuck on ‘Generating’.

Connection is verifying fine when setting it up using the NPrint domain account set up for the services to be started.

I can the document via 'Open In Server' as that user on the Nprint Server itself, so clearly it must have access?
I have also connected to the network share and opened it by double clicking the qvw. (Although i get a failed to load message, before it actually loads...)

A lot seems to point to section access, but I've been told by our Dev team that no section access has ever existed on these documents.

The NPrinting Engine seems to be hammering the server CPU too.  95-100%.  Even after I’d deleted all connections and nothing was running as far as i'm aware.

NPrinting 18.19.6.0

QlikView 12.20.20400.0

I have attached some logs of my attempts this morning (Verified connection and continuously 'generating' cache).  I don't think they're too helpful.  Older logs have some more complicated errors in there which again haven't pointed to much that I understand, at least.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Stu

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check that all Qlik NPrinting Server Windows services are running. Open the Windows Services console to verify this.

Based on the logs it seems that the Qlik NPrinting Messaging Service (Rabbit MQ) is stopped.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Ruggero.
As you can see, they're all running.

Capture.JPG

balabhaskarqlik

May be, after adding the NPrinting service account (which was a domain user) to both the local Administrators and the QlikView Administrators group, the error message went away: The account used to run Qlik NPrinting Engine has access to QlikView Server.

Or

May be, Nprint Scheduler prosess was stucked. After killing that process and after restarting Nprinting Scheluder service Nprint works again.

Check this, The qlik NPrinting user is part of the local administratior Group but not a member of the QlikView Administrators group.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you tried with all services up and running?

If you still have the issue can you post updated logs? The first ones show a problem with the Messaging service.

Check that all doors are opened https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Bala.

NPrinting service account is in both groups.
Services have been restarted plenty of times with the same result every time.

stukennedy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All ports open.  Even disabled the Firewall for testing.

Latest Logs full of different attempts in opening post