Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting, trying to output 3 charts side by side

Hi.

No doubt this one is an easy one for you experts, but to me I am failing...

I want to output a pdf for each shop I have.

I have the report built in QlikView, (not pretty at moment as I am just proving it can be done).  I can filter by shop and all looks good, but when put it into NPrint I can't get it to lay out correctly.  It is filtering as expected, I am getting an output in preview mode, haven't tried to run it properly yet.

What I want to do is have a data table on one side, then next to it have one of the expressions in a bar chart, then in another bar chart beneath it have another expression, but when I view the NPrint I get the data table as expected, and the first chart appears at the top as wanted, but then the second chart appears at the bottom of the data table, not the bottom of the chart above.

No doubt it is just a setting or config that I am missing, but it is defeating me at moment.

What I want to achieve is in this picture:- desired.png.

Does anyone know how to so this, and also does anyone know of good example videos / tutorials for me to follow?

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If the final output format you want to have is PDF I suggest you to create a PixelPerfect template. This is the type of report that have the better control of the output layout.

To place a table and two charts side-by-side you must add QlikView or Qlik Sense objects as images. Then you set the space and sizing policies for each image.

side by side.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Which version of NPrinting are you using?

Check for "Expand range" functionality on the table node/tag.  When adding table in nprinting, click on it in the left nav and look at its properties. If you are using straight table please also look at individual columns properties. You might want to tick/untick the checkbox for the table. What it does is it creates additional rows and pushes everything down as long as many rows you have in your table.

Would be good to see also what currently you get as you only posted desired output, but not current output.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks for reply.  Sorry for scant info in the original question.  That's what you get when you beat your head against table...  I am on 17.6.

I was initially doing it in Excel, I have changed to PowerPoint and I now have the layout I want, (by putting them as images), but....  The eventual output is pdf, so not a big issue, but would like to understand where I am going wrong.

In Excel, I just went to tables, added the charts from the qvw and then put them on the excel sheet, looking at the default properties all is ticked.

But that output in data format, ie the data behind the chart, not as a bar chart, so put it as an image, (which is a bit limiting, but it worked), now getting the bar chart output.  However the layout is not right.  The data on the left is fine, but the two bar charts should be to the right and the bottom one should be below the above one and not at the bottom of the data.  I can understand why it is, in excel the bottom chart is placed below the data table.  But not what I want.  It is all down to my lack of understanding...  Is there a website I can go on to assist with this, I like watching videos and tinkering..

excel output.PNG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If the final output format you want to have is PDF I suggest you to create a PixelPerfect template. This is the type of report that have the better control of the output layout.

To place a table and two charts side-by-side you must add QlikView or Qlik Sense objects as images. Then you set the space and sizing policies for each image.

side by side.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks to both Lech and Ruggero.  Now moving across to Pixcel Perfect.