Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting users have to have access to QVW folder on QlikView server?

Hello,

I get following error at NPrinting: "NPrinting Engine failed to open document" 

Mainly for users which are only NPrinting receipients, without a QlikView license. The users are correct in Section Access.

After a while I found out that the NPrinting receipients do not have access to the folder in which the QVWs are stored on the QlikView server. I gave some users 'read' access and then the NPrinting had been built.

Do you know this phenomenon?

If yes, could there exist another error in the system?

Thanks, Patrick

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@pwagner 

You need to ensure you have a dedicated NPrinting server service account.

Log on as the dedicated NP service account to the NPrinting server

Open the QV desktop while logged on as the NP service account

Open the QVW with the method used in the NPrinting connection used in the NP web console.

• If QVP do file open in server to the QVW
  • If local do file open to the QVW 

If the NP service account is not able to open the QVW then you will see the failed to open document message.

Hope this helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you, Frank.

Unfortunately I tried this already and it works for the NPrinting service user.

Back to my question, do you this phenomenon that the NPrinting receipients have to have access to the QVW folder?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@pwagner 

Since my earlier points are addressed, the 'failed to open document' may then indicate that you have an unsupported item in your QVW.

NPrinting recipients are not required to have access to the QVW folder

My guess is that the QVW has an 'on open' document trigger which the NP service account is not able to resolve. Please check the following article to address all unsupported items and try again.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000026081

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!