Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting with two Qlik Sense servers

Is possible to connect two apps of different Qlik Sense servers to one nprinting server?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Louise,

This will work but:

1. You need NPrinting 17.2.1 (scheduled for release in November 2017).
  2. You need to save the Sense certificates NPrinting uses for authentication as files and not "install" the certificates (it will be possible to do this starting from NPrinting 17.2.1).
  3. You need to save certificates from both Sense servers.
  4. You have to be running exactly the same version of Sense on both servers.
  5. All servers must be on the same domain.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any updates?

Not applicable
Author

Louise,

This will work but:

1. You need NPrinting 17.2.1 (scheduled for release in November 2017).
  2. You need to save the Sense certificates NPrinting uses for authentication as files and not "install" the certificates (it will be possible to do this starting from NPrinting 17.2.1).
  3. You need to save certificates from both Sense servers.
  4. You have to be running exactly the same version of Sense on both servers.
  5. All servers must be on the same domain.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Aran, but did you mean november 2016, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aran,

Can you provide further detail in step 2 and 3?

Best Regards,

Louis

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi friends

I was triying execute the steps, but not works

1) I just had one QlikSense (QlikSense Server 1) Certificates installed with QmcCertificatesInstaller tool and the QlikSense Connections to this server works fine

2) I logged on QMC (QlikSense Server 2) with NPrinting Services Account and then exported the certificates on PEM and Windows format, then stored on C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\certificates folder on Qlik NPrinting server

3) On two QlikSense Servers are on Proxy white list the IP Address and machine name from Qlik NPrinting Server

4) On two QlikSense Server, the Qlik NPrinting services account is root admin

5) The Qlik NPrinting services was restarted

When i try to create a QlikSense Connection to QlikSense Server 2, the verifications not works, show error on "Installed certificates are valid to connect to Qlik Sense." step, but i can save the connection, when i try reload the metadada cache, the cache status always stay on Generating and connection status are null, the Schedule Log File

Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 18.39.6.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer 20181212T095943.028-05:00 WARN EPM-APP117 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Receiving allocation from unknown engine e9c98064-7ed5-46d4-92b1-5ce15934092b. Message will be discarded

I was research on Qlik Community and i foud that i restarted the machine the problem was solver, i restarted the machine and tried again but now the error are the following when i ty to execute the reload meta data

WARN EPM-APP117 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://epmapp58-08/;appid=eea84cff-1171-43cc-81cf-f3d2beca5e0d;identity=EPM\EPMQlikSenseSV has reached ERROR status

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

On Each QlikSense Server 2 Stream added on Security Rule the Qlik NPrinting Service Account, the problem still happens 

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Worked for me Yeahh

I stored the QlikSense Server 2 certificates on "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates" folder and the restarted the services.

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that this procedure is not officially supported. You do this at your own risk and it could be that in the future it will not work.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.