Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labiqa
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting19: Send PDF as attachment and not via .zip file

Hi, 

I am working on some reports with an excel template that we need to send out as PDF Reports attached to an email. Some users may receive a single report while others may receive multiple reports in the same email. 

When I first began working on these reports, I sent out an email to myself to make sure the variables in the email body worked and the attachment was just the report itself as a pdf. However, now when the reports get sent out, whether its a single report or multiple reports, the attachment is a .zip file. 

We shifted these reports from NPrinting16 so the end users are used to and prefer receiving these reports as PDFs attached to the emails they receive. I was unable to find a way to change the attachment type and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can remove the .zip file and just keep the PDF attachment.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, Well there is a difference between NP and NP17+, In new version if cycle is enabled (cycle report over a field) the only available output format at the moment is ZIP file. This is well documented here and at the moment cannot be changed: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Rep...

So my guess is that you use this functionality and it works as designed. This is one of few differences which you should take into account before migrating from NPrinting 16 to newer versions.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, Well there is a difference between NP and NP17+, In new version if cycle is enabled (cycle report over a field) the only available output format at the moment is ZIP file. This is well documented here and at the moment cannot be changed: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Rep...

So my guess is that you use this functionality and it works as designed. This is one of few differences which you should take into account before migrating from NPrinting 16 to newer versions.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.