Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPriting 17 - Delete connection

When i have deleted  a connection and create another the report lost the references. It can't be fixed on nprinting interface without deleting report.

See the entry on scheduler log, it repeats about each 15 sec:

2016-05-12 10:33:21,550 [32] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager - Error within WithSession method of SessionManager. 2016-05-12 10:33:21,550 [32] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.SessionManager - No row with the given identifier exists[Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Model.QvDataConnection#70781ce7-1f9a-4260-97c6-7c8a2be6d62e]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately deletion of a connection does not warn you that the connection contains existing reports or other dependencies. Also it is not possible to change connection in the report.

Best practice at the moment is to ensure you change the existing connection as needed (name and QVW path). But remember, if you change the path, make sure you are pointing to the same QVW otherwise the objects in the report will not work and the report will fail.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately deletion of a connection does not warn you that the connection contains existing reports or other dependencies. Also it is not possible to change connection in the report.

Best practice at the moment is to ensure you change the existing connection as needed (name and QVW path). But remember, if you change the path, make sure you are pointing to the same QVW otherwise the objects in the report will not work and the report will fail.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Frank, I have change all user groups permissions to not allow to delete connections.

Will it be correct on the next release?

Frank_S
Support
Support

That is a very good approach.

The next release of NP 17 SR1 will only contain bug fixes and no feature enhancements.

I am not aware of this feature being implemented. You can ask your partner manager to submit a feature request if you wish to see 'dependency warnings' added upon deletion of a connection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank, I have the same error message in the Scheduler , wanting to connect other applications because the connection with other achievement without problems, but others have that message and never connected , it stays in " generating "