Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slindheim
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPritning Excel Focus

Hello,

my Problem is as follows:

We are Using Qlik Sense and are generating monthly reports in NPrinting -> Excel with several sheets in it. The tables are quite long in terms of the horizontal range. After finishing the templates in NPrinting I realized that when I open the Excel table the focus is not on cell A1 or somewhere at the beginning of the sheet. The focus is near the right end of the table on every sheet.
I have to manually scroll to the left/to the beginning of the table on every single sheet inside the file(s).

Is there any way in NPrinting or Excel to avoid this?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes- there is a way.

You must edit your Excel template in NPrinting (Report-->Edit), set cursor/focus on cell A1 on all sheets and save your template

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Slindheim
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So, I figured out that it only looked like that the focus is on cell A1.
I had to click on cell A1 (even though it was already green outlined). After saving the file and exiting the template the focus on the Excelsheet was at the beginning of the table.

Thanks for your help. I thought I already did that because of the green outline on A1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes- there is a way.

You must edit your Excel template in NPrinting (Report-->Edit), set cursor/focus on cell A1 on all sheets and save your template

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Slindheim
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply.
I already tried that before and the focus / selected cell is already A1.

I guess the problem is related to my cycled pages. This dislocation of the focus is only an issue on my reports which are using cycled pages in form of Qlik variables.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do you use macros?

Slindheim
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So, I figured out that it only looked like that the focus is on cell A1.
I had to click on cell A1 (even though it was already green outlined). After saving the file and exiting the template the focus on the Excelsheet was at the beginning of the table.

Thanks for your help. I thought I already did that because of the green outline on A1.

mbrouwer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Besides the focus you even have to set the scrollbar to the left into the editor and save it to see column A as first