cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Native PowerPoint charts in Qlik NPrinting June 2017 with Qlik Sense

Good morning everyone,

I have a great question for those that know the functionality of the native charts in PowerPoint. I was able to build a great pie chart no problem at all.

My question is about a second bar chart report that I must build. The bar chart has two dimensions being business segment and year and one measure of overall revenue. I cannot seem to figure out how to build a bar chart with two dimensions through the native powerpoint functionality. I watched a video that explained how to do it on one dimension, which is you insert a chart and the excel pops up and you plug in your table nodes into the excel - this worked great being only one dimension.

Can someone help me do this? Whether I need to place the nodes in the pop-up excel differently or if I need to do something else? Thanks so much.

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

will give you example over the weekend as i am responding from my MacBook at the moment...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Lech,

I would really appreciate the example.

I spent a lot of time trying to create chart as below but was not able to export the data correctly.The gaps between countries were ruining the export somewhere between QV/NP/PPT.

This was in both 16 and 17 some time ago (before 17.3). I did not test it in recent versions.

Thanks in advance,

Matus

chart.jpg

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Matus,

apologies, I am not available till 17th of September.. I can look at this after 17th. Would you remind me please?

Last few weeks before my very long holidays wer hectic and i did not get a chance to be on community often.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks, I will remind you after 17th then.

Have a nice holiday.

Matus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests in Excel and PowerPoint without involving NPrinting.

You can create an Excel bar chart with two dimensions and one measure only by using Excel pivot charts that are not supported by PowerPoint. So, in my opinion, it is not possible to create this kind of chart as a native PowerPoint chart with data from NPrinting.

In Office, as workaround, you can create an Excel pivot chart and copy and paste it into a PowerPoint.

As workaround you could try to create a single dimension by concatenating the two you want to use in the chart directly in the Qlik script, or by creating the pivot chart in Qlik and import it into the template as an image.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ruggero,

it is possible in PPT/XLS without pivot chart. You just have to have specific underlying table. The first column of the dimension needs to have value only in first line and the rest blanks. Excel then automatically creates this type of chart. (It can be a bit tricky to get it right but it is possible).

But I was not able to get it right with NP.

BR,

Matus

Chart (screenshot from ppt)

ppt_chart.jpg

Table

Column1Values
Category 12016

Category 220161,8

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Yes Matus,

we can achieve this  in excel -   you can create the custom template to achieve this without pivot table only.

you can create the same  table columns with two rows of dummy data   next line  tags of designer columns

in between dummy data use <deleterow>  tags and generate you will get the exact output.

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

That is similar to what I was doing. I was able to create the table in the template but it was always coming out incorrectly in the final output.

will give it another try.

Do you have it running in real life?

Matus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please keep me posted on this progress as well. I have run into the same problems with getting it to come out correctly.