Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Native Word Charts - Qlik NPrinting

Hi,

Can I create native pie chart in Word report using Nprinting ?  I tried by inserting the Qlik Sense Pie chart as image but formatting that image is very challenging.

Then I visited : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/PowerPointReports/Chart-Native-Tables.htm ,where Qlik help mentioned that native charts are possible in power point.

With above help page inspiration, I inserted a word chart and an excel was opened and I dragged the Table contents into excel as shown below:

Nprinting Excel.PNG

But when I previewed the word output I found a blank chart:

Blank Word CHart.PNG

After checking the data behind the word chart, I found an excel and opened it but no data is written into that Excel :

Word chart+Excel Data.PNG

Kindly advise how to print native word charts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Native Microsoft World charts are not supported at the moment (June 2018).

I sent an email to the right person with a link to this conversation so the team can evaluate to add this feature.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have never heard of this feature beeing supported in NPrinitng. Documentation also does not mention anything about native chart support.

I am assuming it is not supported and that is why it does not work for you.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

You are correct . This native chart is available in Excel and PowerPoint as per qlik help.

Why not to have this functionality in word?how can we request this feature from qlik R&D.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Native Microsoft World charts are not supported at the moment (June 2018).

I sent an email to the right person with a link to this conversation so the team can evaluate to add this feature.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank You very much Ruggero Piccoli.

I worked with tools like Crystal Report but developing Nprinting word report is very faster. I request you to give a high priority to this feature to make Nprinting robust.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

People who decide what features to develop read the community too, but I cannot decide the priority.

We did a long effort during the years to made Qlik NPrinting report development an efficient process, so thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero