Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator

Dear NPrinting community,

I have an Excel report with several sheets. This report needs to be send daily to 27 users by email. Each user gets his own data in the report, based on a filter on the user. The report is never empty (filter will always have a result).
Every morning the Publish tasks fails with the error: 'Failure processing condition: filter application returned a filter application error.'

And when I look in the Engine logging I see: 'Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator'.

So I thought the QS app was containing to much data, so I filtered the app so it contains only the data of the 27 users (small app). And I also created 2 User groups with 2 Publish tasks, so 1 task only needs to send to max 20 users.

But then still both tasks are failing (even the one with just 7 users), with the same errors.

When I run the publish tasks manually, it will complete without any failures.

Both tasks are not running simultaneously. The QS server is also not reloading while running this task. The NPrinting service account is also added to NPrinting as an admin user.

So right now I'm out of options and don't know how to solve this issue. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Jörgen

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@rodneybarrett 

Check this article as this contains one or more causes that you are likely experiencing. Addressing these points should normally resolve the issue.

Then check this one as well.

Both address the same issue but from different angles.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @jepeerik 

You have thrown me off little bit with this:

"When I run the publish tasks manually, it will complete without any failures."....

Do you mean going to Qlik NPrinting Admin Console->Tasks->Publish Task-> Find one from the list and click Run Now?

I'm sure you also read this: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042991, which you are indicating is not happening.

So maybe filter type is wrong? 

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

feel free to PM me and maybe we can do quick zoom session to troubleshoot.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz for your response.

Yes, it is strange, but when I run the task by using the 'Run now' button, it will run normally and send the reports as expected. Without any failures.

I've read both articles and unfortunately they don't come with a solution for me. The filter is returning results (numeric value on a numeric field) and with the Run now button the reports are correctly filtered and created.

So also no duals or dates are used in the filters (filter is on Customer number).

Greetings Jörgen

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Were you able to find solution to this error. We are seeing similar errors. Below is full error we are getting:

Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://********/*****/***********.qvw", forcing close of resolver. 8 unprocessed request(s) will be reenqueued. ERROR: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorDiedException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://********/*****/***********.qvw";qlikviewversion=12.40.20300 process died or has been terminated and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010007 (RPC_E_SERVER_DIED))↓↓ at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.QlikViewDocument.<>c__DisplayClass85_1.<.ctor>b__6() in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\QlikViewDocument.cs:line 335↓↓ at Qlik.CachingProperty.Property`3.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<GetValueAsync>b__2() in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\Qlik\CachingProperty.cs:line 867↓↓ at System.Diagnostics.StopwatchExtensions.InterlockedCountTicks[T](Stopwatch this, Int64& ticksVariable, Func`1 code) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\System\Diagnostics\StopwatchExtensions.cs:line 34↓↓ at Qlik.CachingProperty.Property`3.<>c__DisplayClass32_1.<GetValueAsync>b__0() in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\Qlik\CachingProperty.cs:line 852↓↓ at Qlik.CachingProperty.Property`3.GetValueAsync(Boolean deferExecution) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Qlik\Qlik.Reporting.Common\Qlik\CachingProperty.cs:line 920↓↓ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.QlikViewDocument.GetLastUpdateInstant(Boolean force) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\QlikViewDocument.cs:line 1093↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1.Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.Resolvers.Contents.IContentRequestResolver.Resolve(QlikViewDocument doc, IContentRequest request, QlikViewObject qlikViewObject) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\Resolvers\Contents\BaseContentRequestResolver.cs:line 49↓↓ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ContentRequestExecutor.ProcessContent(IContentRequest request) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Engine\Consumer\ContentRequestExecutor.cs:line 172↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ContentResolver.Consume(CancellationToken cancToken) in C:\Jws\release-june2020-M31wMH8DB\server\NPrinting\src\Engine\Consumer\ContentResolver.cs:line 265

Tony_Digitalrep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the same problem with a report we imported from version 16 to version 19. The report finishes every time and the excel files have data, it just takes many hours instead of a few minutes. We have a contract to refresh this every two hours so that is not going to work.

I used our lab to update the NPrinting server and use every major release with it's most up to date service pack from Feb 2019 to Sept. 2020. There was no change.

The report took around 7 hours and had more than 200 of the above errors every time.

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are getting the condition error:

'Failure processing condition: filter application returned a filter application error.'

We may need to investigate it as a defect or we may find that there is a filter conflict caused by the intersection of your condition and a report object filter (ie table object filter in the NP designer), user filter, task filter or report filter

In the meantime, check that your report is working as designed by opening and previewing it in the NP designer templated editor. If it is having issue there then the report will have issues whether there are conditions applied to it or not.

Second, you need to ensure all tables are updated in your NPrinting designer by right clicking on the table object, then selecting 'update' from the right click context menu. 

Finally, check that you have the following setting enabled on the report itself.

generate report.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rodneybarrett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same error message is happening for us as well. A task that usually takes 10 minutes to run, will run for hours when this happens.    We are running Sept 2020.    And the fix for us.   Restart the machine.   We currently only restart on the weekends but I am starting to think we need to restart every night.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@rodneybarrett 

Check this article as this contains one or more causes that you are likely experiencing. Addressing these points should normally resolve the issue.

Then check this one as well.

Both address the same issue but from different angles.

rodneybarrett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the support article links.  Am very familiar with them.  Been using Nprinting since version 16 , fumbled through all of the 17 issues and finally got decent performance and stability in v19. 

Most of the recommendations or possible issues  in these article are about  getting things to run well the 1st time.   This isn't my problem.   

I'll give you an example:

Just this morning,  I come in and realize I don't have one of the nprinting emails I should have gotten by 6:30am.  I go and check task executions and sure enough it is still running.  I let it run for another hour or so and maybe it will finish even though it is a few hours late.   Check logs and found this thread based on my search criteria of the errors I found in the logs.   So I decided to test out my theory of "Does restarting really fix this?"   and I aborted the run. Was only 24% completed after 2.5 hours and rebooted the server.  Once server was back online,  I started the task again.  6.5 minutes later it was finished.   Never touched the task or anything else.

Server has 12 cores and 128GB of memory.  I only run 8 qv.exe's (limited by engine config settings).

if I had issues identified from these articles,  why does it run at a reasonable time (6 min,  no errors in log) after restarting the server?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Fair enough @rodneybarrett 

Since you've already done the due diligence, I would recommend starting a Qlik support case so the issue can be investigated more thoroughly.