Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator

Dear NPrinting community,

I have an Excel report with several sheets. This report needs to be send daily to 27 users by email. Each user gets his own data in the report, based on a filter on the user. The report is never empty (filter will always have a result).
Every morning the Publish tasks fails with the error: 'Failure processing condition: filter application returned a filter application error.'

And when I look in the Engine logging I see: 'Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator'.

So I thought the QS app was containing to much data, so I filtered the app so it contains only the data of the 27 users (small app). And I also created 2 User groups with 2 Publish tasks, so 1 task only needs to send to max 20 users.

But then still both tasks are failing (even the one with just 7 users), with the same errors.

When I run the publish tasks manually, it will complete without any failures.

Both tasks are not running simultaneously. The QS server is also not reloading while running this task. The NPrinting service account is also added to NPrinting as an admin user.

So right now I'm out of options and don't know how to solve this issue. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Jörgen

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge
Labels (2)
11 Replies
rodneybarrett
Contributor II
Contributor II

Well,   I need to eat some crow here.   I was so focused on my current reports that were running long,   I neglected to check the other smaller reports that run on a daily basis.      What I found was indeed objects that are known to cause the engine and scheduler issues.    I found alternate states buried in the Text area of a few expressions.  It was left over from when we converted the user dashboard into a nprinting dashboard.      Once those were removed,  everything seem to straighten up.  I am now getting very consistent run times and the environment just feels a little more stable.     

Frank_S,  thanks again for your kind motivation efforts to check everything multiples time until you know for 100% sure that you have covered everything.   

Frank_S
Support
Support

@rodneybarrett 
Glad you were able to solve it!

Always happy to help...Cheers...fs

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!