Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripatiqv
Partner - Contributor III

Need Help in Nprinting Filter

Dear Team ,

I have attached qlikview document and I have to send  collection report to Statehead's mail id.  I have created the charts in nprinting, how can I achieve this.

If statehead of a particular customer changed, then automatically that particular customer id collection should goes new statehead.

Regards
Tripati Rao 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In order to send anything via email using NPrinitng you need to first create a user in NPrinitng admin console, so the fact that you have email address in your QlikView app does not mean that NPrinitng automatically will use it.

You can create users:

• manually - by typing them in in NPrinting Admin console
  • using import task from XLS or LDAP
  • using API - this can be quite well automated but you will have to write logic by yourself. API reference is available on Qlik help website in NPrinting section

Then once you have users created/imported its up to you how you add them to the Publish task. I usually use group as I it allows me to maintain users outside of publish task setting. 

Obviously when creating new users you will have to associate relevant filters with them or simply use section access functionality.

on the side note - i suggest studying help page with tutorials and a continuous classroom. As a partner you should have access to online training which will give you quite broad overview on how you need to plan your development

hope this helps.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I hope I understand correctly your request. 

Qlik NPrinting doesn't have an event-based triggering system. I mean, you cannot run a publish task when a specific event happens. 

You can run a publish task via time-based trigger (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dis...) or via API (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=49).

As workaround you can create a custom application that run the task via API when the event happens or you can create a time-based trigger (for example every 30 minutes) and add a condition (about condition refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm).  The condition becomes true when there is the event you want so only in that case the task generates report. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tripatiqv
Author

Hi,

previously I am creating  user in nprinting with email id and assigning state filter in it and I created publish task to send email . Its works properly. User is getting mail 

Recently we have mapped emailid with state head in system. So is there any ways to send mail to state head based on their email id by creating filter or any changes in the publish task.

Regards

Tripati

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You request is not clear to me. I have not understand the second part of your message.

You can create filters based on fields or advanced filters https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-f.... Filters can be applied to reports, users, tasks and objects. You can create or modify a filter manually or via APIs.

So you can create a filter based on the state you want to keep.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In order to send anything via email using NPrinitng you need to first create a user in NPrinitng admin console, so the fact that you have email address in your QlikView app does not mean that NPrinitng automatically will use it.

You can create users:

• manually - by typing them in in NPrinting Admin console
  • using import task from XLS or LDAP
  • using API - this can be quite well automated but you will have to write logic by yourself. API reference is available on Qlik help website in NPrinting section

Then once you have users created/imported its up to you how you add them to the Publish task. I usually use group as I it allows me to maintain users outside of publish task setting. 

Obviously when creating new users you will have to associate relevant filters with them or simply use section access functionality.

on the side note - i suggest studying help page with tutorials and a continuous classroom. As a partner you should have access to online training which will give you quite broad overview on how you need to plan your development

hope this helps.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
tripatiqv
Author

Hi,

My requirement is 

As per my attached application  I have state head names and mail id with me.

Does nprinting have a functionality of pick one state head name and send email of collection report

to that state head dynamically.

State Head  State Head Mailid  customer state

ram,ram@gmail.com,TG

ram,ram@gmail.com ,TN

raj,raj@gmail.com,AP

Regards

Tripati Rao