cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterscg
Creator
Creator

Need help with filter syntax

I'm creating an NPrinting report whose data source is a QlikView document.

Some of my users have multiple filters; e.g., 'City = Philadelphia', 'State = PA'. For certain reports, both filters need to be in effect; however, I'm trying to create a filter that (for example) would observe the State value but ignore the City value.

Within the filter I set State equal to 'PA'; for City, I selected 'Override values', but am getting stuck on the expression. I tried many permutations of 'Value is', 'Evaluate Value', and 'Advanced Search', using expressions such as:

• ''
  • Null()
  • IsNull(City)
  • (IsNull(City) = -1)

For 'Evaluate Value' and 'Advanced Search', I tried with and without a preceding equal sign.

I assigned the filter to a test user but no matter what combination I try, my publish task fails. From reviewing the help, I suspect my syntax is incorrect but am unsure how to proceed. Appreciate any guidance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I do not understand following in what you are trying to do:

I'm trying to create a filter that (for example) would observe the State value but ignore the City value.

If you do not want to apply City filters create a filter with only State = PA and do not worry about bringing in City filter at all!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I do not understand following in what you are trying to do:

I'm trying to create a filter that (for example) would observe the State value but ignore the City value.

If you do not want to apply City filters create a filter with only State = PA and do not worry about bringing in City filter at all!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
waterscg
Creator
Creator
Author

I realize I simplified my scenario too much. I'll try again in another thread. 🙂