cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

No Fields Appearing Under Table

Trying to add a table to my NPrinting Excel template but there are no fields appearing (image attached).  The table works fine in the app and right clicking on the table in NPrinting and selecting Update just tells me there have been no changes.  Metadata has been reloaded the the connection verified.  It is a large table, 82 fields, is there a limitation in NPrinting on the table size?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do you have any conditional hide/show (show column if) in this table?

If you do obviously table columns cannot be used as they can be in some scenarios hidden or shown. That is the reason why you can only use a table tag, rather than column tag.

Solution - remove anything from "show column if" properties in the source table and reload metadata!

cheers

btw - I am assuming it is not a pivot table!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do you have any conditional hide/show (show column if) in this table?

If you do obviously table columns cannot be used as they can be in some scenarios hidden or shown. That is the reason why you can only use a table tag, rather than column tag.

Solution - remove anything from "show column if" properties in the source table and reload metadata!

cheers

btw - I am assuming it is not a pivot table!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks, that worked.  I had one column set and should have removed it as the hidden column feature doesn't really work anyways.