cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No TAG for email Subject in Nprinting 17 :-(

Hi,

I'm very dissapointed because the NP 17 - June 2017 version didn't solve the TAG Situation.

If QlikTech offer new versions of NP 17 they have to consider this lackness of the TAGs and solve it in a future release.  (I Hope )

I'm the Architect of Qlik Services in Aeropuertos Argentina 2000‌ and for our team is not possible to move from NP 16 to NP17 for this situacion.  We had many reports (delivered by email) that has TAGs in the Subject and in the Body we haven't the complete list that NP16 had.

I'm waiting opinions of this community; maybe for you is not relevant these TAGs.

Regards,  @kirkjoserey

NP-16  Has  :  Qlik Variables, Recipients , Reports and Task.

02-TAG-NP16.png

NP-17 (June 2017)  TAGs only in BODY and there aren't the complete options.  (Variables  or Reports or Task)

Just Recipients Tags from NP-16 

01-TAG-NP17.png

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I agree that the ability to make the email content dynamic would be an important feature to have.

Certain audience needs that context in the message they e and I look forward to qlik introducing that feature.

So far I've been able to roll out reports to groups that can receive a static communication but I can imagine it being a deal breaker for companies with existing communications.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Dear Jose,

We are aware that the set of tags in Qlik NPrinting 17 is less complete than the one in NPrinting 16.

You can copy one of tha available tags and paste it into the email subject. It will be replaced with the value.

TASKS Email subject with tags.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Stephen_Jasionowski

Variable tags are still on the roadmap, however they are not as high of a priority at the moment. There are other gap features we are working on and once those are filled, we can turn our attention to these tags.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

NP-16  Has  other TAGs  that we used,  like Qlik Variables, Reports and Task. (i.e. :  %%Execution_Date%% or %%Execution_Time%% is from Task).

That's mine main reason to not upgrade to this version, yet!  

Regards,

@kirkjoserey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Stephen and thanks for the reply.

Can you post the Roadmap of NP 17 Features? or the link ?

Regards,

@kirkjoserey

qlikhalmar
Creator
Creator

Hi Jose,

You can workaround this, using an user import task:

1. Create a Change/add user import xlsx file with a publish task

2. Use fields like Title or Company for adding file variables

3. Make a import task

4. Use your user variables in the email message

Success, Halmar

baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

rpc‌ Hi Ruggero, In the To what does Selected Users denote? How does NPrinting identify selected users?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Selected users send the email only to the recipients with the flag on email in the Destination.

If you open the drop down menu you fins also Selected users with CC and BCC that lets you to specify fixed email destinations as CC or BCC.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.