Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poooja
Creator
Creator

No report Generated : Throwing message as "plan branch execution completed"

Hi Qlikies,

I am creating a country based report. The users will receive the reports of their specific country which we specified in the user filter. I have used Cycle option in the report. In Nprinting I have imported the user filter via excel. The Import task ran successfully. And was able to get the imported filter, users list & user's corresponding assigned filters as below.

user1 -> Country - UK, USA
user2 -> Country - Italy.

we are using The NewsStand to distribute the reports to the users.

when we run the task to generate the report the task is completed without any error but it did'nt produce any reports. In task details there is a msg "plan branch execution completed". I am not sure why i didn't receive the report, and what could be the cause. Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks!

Pooja!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

The Qlik Sense app has no data  at all. Its an empty app.

When we deployed the app we have exported and imported without data. When we refresh the app data wasn't loaded that cause this error while running the NPrinting report.

Thanks,

Pooja

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hmmm this is strange.. Is there any condition on the report or task?

does it produce report when you  use preview option from designer?

I have not come across this before so looking at logs in DEBUG mode would be my first step if all other things are configured properly. What is in it?

My usual practice is also to produce reports to folder destination at the beginning...Are your recipient filters created properly? Using correct connections and apps? 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to figure this out. When Qlik app has no data, it showing an error message 'plan branch execution completed'.

Thanks,

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, good to know.. 

btw,

when you say Qlik Sense has no data do you mean there is no data at all or the filter criteria passed from NPrinting produces empty set?

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

The Qlik Sense app has no data  at all. Its an empty app.

When we deployed the app we have exported and imported without data. When we refresh the app data wasn't loaded that cause this error while running the NPrinting report.

Thanks,

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thank you! That is valuable information

cheers