Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to export Pivot table in Qlik Sense to Excel Template from NPrinting (17.3.2)

Hi All,

I am not able to export Pivot tables from my Qliksense app, to NPrinting excel Template. (NPrinting Desktop designer version 17.3.2).

However i am able to export pivot tables as an image.

In some of community reads i found out that this version doesn't support export of Pivot structure at all.

Is there any other alternative for getting NPrinting export in templates similar to that we get directly from Qlik Sense after right clicking and exporting to excel ?

Regards,

Shilpa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Pivot Table can be only exported as an Image from QlikSense.

As an alternative you can export data to Excel using straight table from QlikSense and doing Pivoting in Excel.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Pivot Table can be only exported as an Image from QlikSense.

As an alternative you can export data to Excel using straight table from QlikSense and doing Pivoting in Excel.

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

But I want to automate the whole export job using NPrinting as there are multiple pivot tables in my App also i don't want to change the table structure in Qlik Sense from pivot to straight (as some of the tables are Trend tables and i have to create multiple metrics to serve the purpose in straight table.). Any solutive thought over this ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Shilpa,

Qlik Sense pivot tables are not supported in the Qlik NPrinting templates report Tables node. At the moment the only two workarounds are:

- insert them in the Images node, so export them as images

- transform them into straight tables (in the same app or in a new one cloned to be used as Qlik NPrinting source) and re-create the pivot in the Excel report template

I'm sorry but unfortunately, at the moment, there are no other solutions to export Qlik Sense pivot tables.

QlikView pivot tables are supported.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.